Horn Caps

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cedens

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Cliff
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
305 4bbl

chengny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
K3500
Engine Size
350/5.7
Hey, I have a long sideways (i.e. base model horn button) that you can have.

It has no center logo - used to be have a GMC insert but I messed it up. But all the claw clips on the base are intact and the rubber body is like new.

Send me a message and it's yours. You would just need to locate a decent CHEVY insert and stick it in this one:

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

cedens

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Cliff
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
305 4bbl
actually all i need is the chevy insert lol, the cap is good just the insert is a bit faded

I was running through what all costs what to get a budget together, i'm only about $1k on the interior. $350 Dash Pad, $200 Door inserts, whatever upholstery costs, and $200 on a retro modern stereo head unit. (i need sue from gas monkey)

then there will be what it costs to get it painted and a little rust abatement done.

chengny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
K3500
Engine Size
350/5.7
actually all i need is the chevy insert lol, the cap is good just the insert is a bit faded

That's what I figured, but thought I'd offer anyway.

In my experience, the total budget - to restore the interior of one these trucks - can go two ways:

1. If you want to use only OEM components, it can be an expensive and lengthy process

2. If you can settle for aftermaket repro/replacement parts, it can be done in a matter of weeks and at a reasonable cost.

But, even if you have an unlimited budget, getting the interior back to factory is an exercise in patience. It will require lots of trips to the junkyard and constant checks of e-bay and craigslist. Added to the equation is the fact that when it comes to condition you may have to settle sometimes.

For example, you might find the correct dash emblem but it has minor chips in the paint or the studs may have broken off. Do you pay $30 and call it "good enough" or do you wait until something better turns up or do you buy several and pick the best?

Right now there are 3 radiator supports sitting on my pool deck. There is the one I finally considered good enough to install, and 2 others that I bought "just in case". It's great to be able to sit back, look them over and pick the best one. The only drawback to this method of parts procurement is a high probability of being dragged into divorce court.

Some aftermarket parts fit (and look) pretty much like OEM. Some others are a struggle to install and the overall look is funky.

The most eye-catching groups - the things that the inspectors (friends, brothers-in-law, GF, wife, etc) will comment on - are the dash pad, instrument cluster and the headliner.

Last edited:

cedens

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Cliff
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
305 4bbl
Thankfully my emblems are good except my Electronic Spark Control tailgate badge, but i think i can do a DIY restore with a rattle can and some enamel paints.

Same thing on the fender badges I can find NOS for $100 each too much for a stinking little badge.

The Side body molding I'm on the fence on it looks nice but it is what has caused most of my exterior headaches. As far as the truck, i don't plan on showing it just a weekend driver and something I'll keep around till it falls apart, my main goal is get it to where i could take it on a cross country trip if i wanted without worries.

I was totally going to do reproduction Dash pad, anyhow on the door panel i may be up dookie creek, no one makes the "med almond" replacements it originally had, thankfully the thing had all manual windows and locks. I think i can get by with "neutral" for the door panels which were the plain scottsdale models.

the seat upholstery is horrible so right now its Mossy oak seat covers, but plan on going back to either original or may even go fancy diamond tuck!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tnahaus