Hi there!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dave64

Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30 Tray
Engine Size
350SBC
Hi All,
Haven't done much to the C30, but do have excuses.
I'm slack, idle, inefficient and lazy!
But, I do have a query for you blokes, firstly you have to realise we drive on the other side of the road to you, and secondly we are sometimes anything up to 18 months to two years behind you as far as models go. (And NO!, have already heard the bit about adding ten years ! Behind that is!)

So, I'm around at a mates place today and quizzing him about 1975 C30 Chevvy tray trucks, and he seemed to think that not long after 1975, Chevvy over here, locally assembled from imported bits, discarded the "Hydraboost" type power brake booster and pump, going to a firewall mounted setup?
Anyone verify this? I'm going to have a bit of a tinker, know where I can lay my hands on the Chevvy power steeing box, pump and hoses etc. Would mean doing away with the existing Hydraboost and going to the wall mounted one, as long as the dual master cylinders are the same.
The other thing I'm trying to verify, is if they (Chevvy) went to a hydraulic clutch master and slave cylinder which may be adapted to my setup.
I have that horrible looking bellcrank affair that goes over the bellhousing and tucks up behind the bellhousing, we had them over here in our GM made Holdens at one stage, as I said, horrible setup.

So, If I'm going to alter a few things, would look at using a hydraulic clutch.

As usual, any help gratefully accepted.
Cheers, Dave

FireTruck1984

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
1984 and 1984
Truck Model
High Sierra K1500 350. Sierra Classic C1500 305.
Engine Size
350, 305
Crikey.. The steering wheel is on the wrong side !
Welcome from the Motor City, Detroit Michigan

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nathanjohnson85