Hey there

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

eskimomann209

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Marcus
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Shoot sorry guys I will have to find a different forum. I didnt read far enough to see that this is up to 87. The true square bodies. I just google 88 suburban forum and this one came up with a guys intro. So hey my bad for being a idiot and not reading enough
You’re definitely in the right spot. Hell some of us don’t even have trucks!
but it’s a good place to learn, teach, and communicate.
We are not fond of sensitive snowflakes. You may ask a question and get what we think is best/ smart for you and if we are able we will also answer your question. Usually someone is able. But don’t get offended when we say your idea isn’t the best or most practical. I go into these tangents because already, you seem coach-able.
Welcome aboard. Stick around a while!

eskimomann209

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Marcus
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Looks like an oem radio? Lotta guys will love you to keep it!

Kevro_N_Chevro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin Forbes
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10 Suburban
Engine Size
That is a stock radio. Barely works though. So far I have pulled door panels and lubed up the electric windows just to get them to function.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eskimomann209

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Marcus
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
That is a stock radio. Barely works though. So far I have pulled door panels and lubed up the electric windows just to get them to function.

you should check out the relay mod for the windows. While lube does help problem could be weak motors. They struggled their whole life by being under fed power.
Relays use the window switches as a trigger and supplies more power to the motors.
They roll up faster and stronger.
also a good time to add the single click. “Auto roll” functions.

Kevro_N_Chevro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin Forbes
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10 Suburban
Engine Size
you should check out the relay mod for the windows. While lube does help problem could be weak motors. They struggled their whole life by being under fed power.
Relays use the window switches as a trigger and supplies more power to the motors.
They roll up faster and stronger.
also a good time to add the single click. “Auto roll” functions.

Thanks for the link, This is why i like forums. You all will know all the tricks and tips. I really want the doors windows and locks to be somewhat operational at this point. Without buying four new window motors wire harness and all that. My plan is to slowly make this thing my hobby. I will down the road go through each door and replace everything panels to screws to seals. Thanks again.

Crispy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban V1500
Engine Size
Thanks for the link, This is why i like forums. You all will know all the tricks and tips. I really want the doors windows and locks to be somewhat operational at this point. Without buying four new window motors wire harness and all that. My plan is to slowly make this thing my hobby. I will down the road go through each door and replace everything panels to screws to seals. Thanks again.

Dont get overwhelmed and stay organized. Its very easy to have a big picture but when all the little pieces needed for the big picture become a reality its easy to lose focus or desire.

Stay on the windows until they are done then move on to something else. x2 for the relay mod. The wiring for the windows on these is run through the harness and switch as opposed to a relay which gets direct battery voltage. Its a simple solution. We also have a guy on here who sells premade harnesses if the DIY wiring isnt a strong point for you.

Kevro_N_Chevro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin Forbes
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10 Suburban
Engine Size
Dont get overwhelmed and stay organized. Its very easy to have a big picture but when all the little pieces needed for the big picture become a reality its easy to lose focus or desire.

Stay on the windows until they are done then move on to something else. x2 for the relay mod. The wiring for the windows on these is run through the harness and switch as opposed to a relay which gets direct battery voltage. Its a simple solution. We also have a guy on here who sells premade harnesses if the DIY wiring isnt a strong point for you.

Yes I would like to buy one prewired. I will do a forum search to see if I can find him. Thanks alot

gmachinz

Harnessworx Inc
Reaction score
First Name
Jabin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Heller...?

eskimomann209

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Marcus
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
His wiring harness work is second to none. I placed a set of power door wires in my 73. Fit was flawless.

FireTruck1984

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
1984 and 1984
Truck Model
High Sierra K1500 350. Sierra Classic C1500 305.
Engine Size
350, 305
Welcome, That’s a good lookin’ rig ! Tires, right fender, paint.. would take it to the next level

gmachinz

Harnessworx Inc
Reaction score
First Name
Jabin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Well if you intact and functioning wiring as it is now, it sounds as if an HD relay splice kit might be your best route to go for faster windows.

Kevro_N_Chevro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin Forbes
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10 Suburban
Engine Size
Well if you intact and functioning wiring as it is now, it sounds as if an HD relay splice kit might be your best route to go for faster windows.
How much for the four windows

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmousseau8