HELPPPP!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
Id say your truck either has the harness of another truck or your truck was swapped to a manual system which seems to me a lot more work than would be done by most.

Any SPID label? Any pic of your engine with alternator in the shot? Doesnt have to be rn if you cant get to it but im sure you took pics of the whole engine bay!

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
It’s a crate 454 it was cheaper for me to buy a crate then send mine to the machine shop.

It is an extremely dolled up crate motor. My goal was to have the outside look rustic and under the hood and interior look pretty. Cause all in all it’s still a big ol man toy and as far as the alternator can you school me a little more I’m not quite picking up what your putting down. Pardon my ignorance
My bad I didnt see this. Well you have a 12si. Are you going to be running a Lot of electrical loads? Becuase I would say if you do, you shouldnt even bother wiring that one, but if you arent, then its good unit, but your truck SHOULD have the wiring for it thankfully.

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
You must be registered for see images attach

Ignore the circles but your stock harness, especially if its a SBC originally (not sure on big blocks, i would assume so tho?) you should have a run of 2 red wires and a brown wire. one with an eyelet, 2 ending in a connector.
You must be registered for see images attach

different alternator but the idea is there.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Misty Blue