Heater not blowing at all

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MisterB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
AJ
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC K2500 4X4
Engine Size
I ran a wire from the battery directly to the blower, and it still doesn't turn on. I have the key on and the fan turned to high and heat control all the way to the right. I just ordered a blower motor and will pick it up at the store today

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

MisterB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
AJ
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC K2500 4X4
Engine Size
It was the blower motor! I put a new motor in, and everything works as it should!

Part of me wishes I'd just spent the $21 on a new blower motor to start with, but hindsight is 20/20. It could have just as easily been a 20 cent fuse.

It confuses me how the female PO said the heat was working a couple weeks ago when she tried it. The crap that was stuck to the old fan, and the crap that blew out of my vents, tells me she was mistaking the manual floor air vents for heat.
You must be registered for see images attach

Snoots

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy Sierra
Engine Size
Glad you got it working!

It's not a total loss. You learned a lot of troubleshooting skills along the way!

MisterB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
AJ
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC K2500 4X4
Engine Size
Glad you got it working!

It's not a total loss. You learned a lot of troubleshooting skills along the way!
I did. I just hope I don't forget everything 5-10 years from now when I need those skills again lol

sqaurebodyrestore

Reaction score
First Name
Dale
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy
Engine Size
I just went through this with my 1986 Jimmy last week. I first jumped a positive directly to blower and it worked. Then I first replaced the resistor that attaches to heater box. I then had power to the relay but no power was passing through the purple wire to blower. I replaced the relay and now the blower works on all four speeds. Mine looked exactly like the one in the picture above (In the 87 Jimmy) I noticed that yours does not look exactly the same, maybe because there is no AC in your vehicle. Hope you figure it out.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willyg