Headliner alternative

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

adamv7010

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
adam
Truck Year
1984, 1982
Truck Model
k10 silverado, k10 suburban
Engine Size
Pondering on keeping my burb ....it needs a headliner but I'm not keen on spending 500 and some change from lmc ....does anyone know a simple but effective alternative to a headliner?

I thought of adding cab lights as well so these wires would be present plus any factory light wiring and anything pertaining to the rear AC..all those things will still be present

Any opinions are welcomed

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
There is a lot of yapping in this thread but there is good info many members contributed about fixing the old headliner yourself, cost me about 30 or 40 bucks. A little labor intensive but anybody can do it. Last few pages have pics of the old headliner coming out and getting cleaned and new fabric installed, and there is a link to the ebay site in there somewhere for the fabric.

So you will need 12 feet of new fabric, which runs around 3o bucks from that site. A can of spray adhesive from Home Depot. And a wire brush and a soft brush. Plus the tools to remove the 2 headliner sections. It is a pain in the ass but well worth the effort.

Also you will see in that thread while I had the headliner out I ran some wiring for the rear seat 12 volt power points that I mounted in the center pillars and wiring for the compass mirror mod.

http://www.gmsquarebody.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1408

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jp wessels