Harmonic Balancer - super weird (at least to me)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Salty Crusty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Truck Year
Truck Model
c1500
Engine Size
I haven't found anything that'll destroy them faster than a good daily dousing of oil. I've had more than one with an oil cooler whose junk lines leaked onto the motor mount. They're mush when you take 'em out after that.
Good on ya for getting it fixed!

Raider L

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
William
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
@7900 Blazer,

Did you have any problem with the fuel pump down there? Did you have to remove the fuel pump to get the right one out? The tip of the bolt on mine is right up against the edge of the fuel pump housing at the widest place where the two halves of the pump come together. As I remember we had to take the fuel pump out in my motor to get the mount in on that side. Did you have to do the same?
I failed to say that my pump is not a stock one, it's a Holley racing mechanical pump. That could be the reason why it's so tight right down there. But again, like I've asked the same question now three times, was there any problem on your engine?

Last edited:

7900_Blazer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Francis
Truck Year
Truck Model
Blazer
Engine Size
@7900 Blazer,

Did you have any problem with the fuel pump down there? Did you have to remove the fuel pump to get the right one out? The tip of the bolt on mine is right up against the edge of the fuel pump housing at the widest place where the two halves of the pump come together. As I remember we had to take the fuel pump out in my motor to get the mount in on that side. Did you have to do the same?
I failed to say that my pump is not a stock one, it's a Holley racing mechanical pump. That could be the reason why it's so tight right down there. But again, like I've asked the same question now three times, was there any problem on your engine?

Did I have any issues with my fuel pump 'in context' of replacing the motor mounts? No issues at all - did everything from underneath - slid the old ones out, and the new ones in.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
85sqbod