Hardware?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jholden

Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Did a couple of searches and didn't find anything so here goes. Has anyone had any luck finding hardware "kits" for the front body panels? I am doing a frame up restore on a 76 K10 Scotsdale Short Wheel base Step Side and have all new sheet metal from the cab forward. Starting to bolt it all back together and realized the old hardware is going to look like s**t. LMC offers bolts and U nuts for the fender to inner fender but nothing else of any real value. Truck is Black inside and out so black hardware is preferred. Still have the old hardware and access to a sand blaster, but blasting and painting seems way too time consuming. Any suggestions?
By the way, new to the forum and what I see so far impresses me.
Thanks for the help!
Jason

marks86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
12v Cummins
id start at a junkyard you mind find a decent shape back square

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
I don't know of any kits, but about anything you would need should be available at NAPA. If you have a local store with a counter person willing to look through the book with you, that would be your best bet I think. They have a pretty good hardware and fastener catalog, and a lot of the stuff (like bolts with spinning washers) are available in boxes of 25 usually.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
You might take your old hardware and seeing what you can find at a hardware store. Depending on where you go you can find better looking hardware and have a wire selection going that route :shrug: Just an idea :)

friscobob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C 10
Engine Size
Internal wrenching button head bolts with polished heads look pretty good against black. Check out MSC online or any number of fastener sources like Fasenal. Sometimes almost by accident Lowse or Home Depot have useful items.
Bob

Jholden

Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I like the idea of the stainless button heads and was planning on those for the bed. I may end up going that way on the front also. The idea of the factory bolts with washers appeals to me from the practical side especially if I could come across an all inclusive kit. If I have to piece it together I will probably go the stainless route and buy in bulk.
Thanks for the ideas

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3dbello