Hardware/fixing specs for 75 front end? Replacing clip with original and not sure what I need for the job.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Alexc

Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
5.7l
Looking to replace my clip (has a late 80s currently) and will need hardware but the kits are expensive! Hoping to piece together something myself. I have 75 inners/fenders/hood/bumper/core/trim/lights ready to go

What can I reuse from the existing clip? It's complete and all bolted on currently. Think it's mostly 87 with a 90 grill (quad headlights). What are some things I'll need that I'm not thinking of?

Bennyt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
You may need to do frame repair to mount the 70's bumper. I believe that they had to be cut for the 80's stuff to fit correctly.

If you plan on lowering the truck, you may want to modify the '80's inner fenders as they have more clearance.

I purchased Dorman hardware in bulk on Rockauto for substantially less than I could find anywhere else. I think 10-20 cents compared to 50 cents to a dollar from restoration places per bolt/ clip. I think there is two different sizes for most.

Catbox

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20 Silverado Camper Special
Engine Size
You may need to do frame repair to mount the 70's bumper. I believe that they had to be cut for the 80's stuff to fit correctly.

If you plan on lowering the truck, you may want to modify the '80's inner fenders as they have more clearance.

I purchased Dorman hardware in bulk on Rockauto for substantially less than I could find anywhere else. I think 10-20 cents compared to 50 cents to a dollar from restoration places per bolt/ clip. I think there is two different sizes for most.
Well hot dayum.
I did not even know they had that section on Rock Auto.
I will be using that to replace the hardware on my Bel Air as it has the bare minimum holding the front clip together....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mistafishe