H - Pipes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

75gmck25

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25 Camper Special TH350 NP203
Engine Size
There is supposed to be an optimum location for the H pipe and I've seen articles on how to find it, but the power difference is minor. With a 4WD there are only so many places it will fit, and you want it to clear the powertrain and the driveshaft without banging against anything during normal driving.

Bruc

Arkansas_V8

Proud Redneck
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20 Suburban
Engine Size
The guy that does my exhausts (all stainless and incredibly affordable) lets me bring him what I want as far as mufflers, cats, etc. as his stuff is all pretty much generic stock replacement. Just wondering so I'd know to get a couple of 3" T's as this sounds like a decent idea.

Thanks fellas.

Dont act like you didn't know it was coming. Lol
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Doppleganger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size

Fking A - I guessed right for a change. lol

I always used a 2 1/2" on 4's and 6's....(3" had a drone that would make your teeth ache in a 4cyl NA) - just figured a V8 would require at least a 3".

THX for the vid!

Snoots

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy Sierra
Engine Size
I've HEARD the 22" back from the header was good, and that you should spray paint from the header back about 2.5'; where the paint doesn't burn THAT'S where you put the H.

What do I know?

PrairieDrifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mason
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban k10, bonanza k10, c30 C&C, c10, gmc 1/2ton
Engine Size
350, 350, 350, 350, 350
and that you should spray paint from the header back about 2.5'; where the paint doesn't burn THAT'S where you put the H.

What do I know?
I've heard that's where you put the mufflers, could be the same for a crossover pipe?

80BrownK10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I never understood the point of manual cutouts... to much work lol plus if yur gunna run wide open noise just go redneck and do open headers! Lol i have
Guys that run on the street and strip. Those that drag race a street vehicle that they drive regularly. Too loud to run open or illegal. But when the go to the strip for the day. It's not that big a deal to pull the cutouts for a day of racing and shift boating. Then before they leave for the day put them back on and drive home.

80BrownK10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
The guy that does my exhausts (all stainless and incredibly affordable) lets me bring him what I want as far as mufflers, cats, etc. as his stuff is all pretty much generic stock replacement. Just wondering so I'd know to get a couple of 3" T's as this sounds like a decent idea.

Thanks fellas.
Yep if paying for a total custom new system from a quality shop I would add one. Won't hurt and won't add much at all to price.

80BrownK10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I think I have actually watched that one and I don't watch that much stuff like that on YT

Arkansas_V8

Proud Redneck
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20 Suburban
Engine Size
I think I have actually watched that one and I don't watch that much stuff like that on YT

I enjoy it. Legitimate numbers from the dyno. I cant link to any of the new stuff. It's all on the app for $5 a month now.

Frankenchevy

Proverbs 16:18
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
I've HEARD the 22" back from the header was good, and that you should spray paint from the header back about 2.5'; where the paint doesn't burn THAT'S where you put the H.

What do I know?
Sounds pretty close to what I’ve read. The sooner the better to equalize pulses between the two banks. I put mine where it went because it was the closest I could get it to the headers on a 4x4 without reducing ground clearance.

Frankenchevy

Proverbs 16:18
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
I've heard that's where you put the mufflers, could be the same for a crossover pipe?
I can’t recall the physics involved, but there’s a science to length leading into either a resonating chamber, crossover, etc. I’ll see if I can find the website.

It essentially blinds the engine to what’s beyond it.

RoryH19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rory
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10 Silverado SWB
Engine Size
350 TBI
Sounds pretty close to what I’ve read. The sooner the better to equalize pulses between the two banks. I put mine where it went because it was the closest I could get it to the headers on a 4x4 without reducing ground clearance.
Same here, it was the closet I could get to the headers. 4x4's have limited locations.

RoryH19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rory
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10 Silverado SWB
Engine Size
350 TBI
Yep if paying for a total custom new system from a quality shop I would add one. Won't hurt and won't add much at all to price.
Exactly. I brought a builders kit, cats and mufflers to my exhaust shop. With what I had to spend the h-pipe installation wasn't that much of a difference if any.

RoryH19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rory
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10 Silverado SWB
Engine Size
350 TBI
Exactly. I brought a builders kit, cats and mufflers to my exhaust shop. With what I had to spend the h-pipe installation wasn't that much of a difference if any.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pistol85