Good Deal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wagonman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
george
Truck Year
Truck Model
k1500
Engine Size
Hows this for a deal. My new boss is remodeling the showroom.He has about 5 displays hanging on the walls for squares,fords toyos ect and is removing them and putting them in storage.I got the one for 73-87,rancho 4in with shocks,springs blocks ect for 200$.My fellow employee wants to trade to install it if I get his Mini Jimmy 4.3 figured out to get running.Duh OK. Boss has a mini storage buisness in back and all units are rented with the exception of about 10.These are cram packed with parts,take of wheels.Trannys,diffs springs motors used gears carriers.I was like holy **** ther is a complete 07 ls7 with trans.We were in there looking for some axles for a jeep that some body put an ARB locker in and had to use them crappy C-clip eliminators,found 2 sets with the elims already installed. This place is a treasure trove of 4wd stuff.He has been in bizz for 30+ years.My Luck is changing. Clean living and self denial pays off Right???:

Irishman999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-1500 High Sierra
Engine Size
Hows this for a deal. My new boss is remodeling the showroom.He has about 5 displays hanging on the walls for squares,fords toyos ect and is removing them and putting them in storage.I got the one for 73-87,rancho 4in with shocks,springs blocks ect for 200$.My fellow employee wants to trade to install it if I get his Mini Jimmy 4.3 figured out to get running.Duh OK. Boss has a mini storage buisness in back and all units are rented with the exception of about 10.These are cram packed with parts,take of wheels.Trannys,diffs springs motors used gears carriers.I was like holy **** ther is a complete 07 ls7 with trans.We were in there looking for some axles for a jeep that some body put an ARB locker in and had to use them crappy C-clip eliminators,found 2 sets with the elims already installed. This place is a treasure trove of 4wd stuff.He has been in bizz for 30+ years.My Luck is changing. Clean living and self denial pays off Right???:

That is awesome! If you come across any good **** let me know neighbor. Im looking for a 2-6 inch lift for my 85. Either way maybe I will come in and buy a lift through you guys.

wagonman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
george
Truck Year
Truck Model
k1500
Engine Size
Hey i-man come on down and I will intro you to the boss.Folbeck 4wd on Glendale across from the state mental hospital @ galetti.Go figure that..

Irishman999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-1500 High Sierra
Engine Size
Hey i-man come on down and I will intro you to the boss.Folbeck 4wd on Glendale across from the state mental hospital @ galetti.Go figure that..
Count me in dude, Glendale is just an exit away from me anyways.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Lucky bastard !!! Gets to work at a Toy store !!! :roflbow::roflbow::roflbow:

That's awesome wagon, must be hard to get up and go to work everyday. I feel for you dude. :drool:

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
Sounds great man, like a kid in a candy store.

burbdood

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Truck Year
Truck Model
V-10 Suburban
Engine Size

I spent a lot of money @ Folbeck 4wd when I was younger and had my 86 K-10. There was another 4x4 shop on the corner of Rock Blvd and Glendale years ago that I used to go to as well but I forgot the name of it. IIRC, the guys in there were a bunch of dicks though.

hirschdalechevy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
rich
Truck Year
Truck Model
k-30
Engine Size
WOW , I have not heard that name in a while. I to spent a lot of money many years ago at folbeck 4X4 , jim did some nice work for sure back in the day and problably still does.We had a falling out years ago over some B.S. that went down so I no longer went there for work and parts , (dont get me wrong I am not bashing him , he is a good guy and does good work).
Anyway I heard that donney from the old donnies 4wd world was working now at folbecks , (he is a good guy to , used to buy a lot of parts from his shop back in the day).Your right (burbdood) that shop on rock (nevada 4X4) was no good.
Nowdays I buy all my stuff adams customs (great guy , great prices) , he used to work at donnies 4wd world back in the day.
:patriot::patriot::patriot:

wagonman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
george
Truck Year
Truck Model
k1500
Engine Size
Hey Hirschdale,Donnie was @ folbeck and left the day I started,went to Carson for a better deal.Jim is a tough cookie to work for but knows his stuff when it comes to 4x4s.Theres 2 Adams.one is adams custom engines and the other is Adams fab shop on I think is Linda way??? Get your deals where U can.We have been busy with lift kits by Rancho as they are offering a 500$ rebate on kits installed @ authorised dealers. Still the new rigs are left for mostly Posers who wont see dirt on stripes ever and the newer kits wont hold up to any abuse. Mostly Junk IMO...

hirschdalechevy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
rich
Truck Year
Truck Model
k-30
Engine Size
Hey Hirschdale,Donnie was @ folbeck and left the day I started,went to Carson for a better deal.Jim is a tough cookie to work for but knows his stuff when it comes to 4x4s.Theres 2 Adams.one is adams custom engines and the other is Adams fab shop on I think is Linda way??? Get your deals where U can.We have been busy with lift kits by Rancho as they are offering a 500$ rebate on kits installed @ authorised dealers. Still the new rigs are left for mostly Posers who wont see dirt on stripes ever and the newer kits wont hold up to any abuse. Mostly Junk IMO...

Yeah , Jim for sure knows his stuff. I was going to his shop back when he would come out all greasy from working and his show room was a desk , a torn up couch , and a coffee table covered in 4X4 magazines.(those were the days when we were running monster mudders and ground hawg tires , 38.5's & 40's) .
Jim did a lot of work on my truck back then , but I was a thasher off road and pretty much broke everything he did , (90% my falt most of the time).The only thing I never broke was my custom front dual shock mounts he made , he called them , ( bullet proof brown shock mounts) and that housing I put under my 77 crew cab and it's still running strong today.He also boxed all my frames at the streering box and I never cracked a frame again.
The Adam I go to now is Adams high rolling customs and he just moved over by metro pawn going towards summit , (known Adam almost as long as Jim).
Anyway I love my 06 d-maxx , I have it all beefed up , kryptonite tie rods and center link , idler arm braces , etc... and it holds up well off road. Even have some nevada pin striping down the sides.But I mostly use my older trucks for the rough stuff though.
Have fun working for jim , you can learn a lot from him , I did
:patriot::patriot::patriot:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SkreetKilla