GMT 400 Suburban dually - info ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fat 454

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20 Suburban
Engine Size
Hi All,

can anyone shed any light on this vehicle style. My son is looking at buying a GMT 400 crew for a work truck, and this popped up. Probably going to be counted out as running costs will be through the roof with duals etc., however I have not seen many, and assumed they are quite "rare" ( heavily overused term these days ). Any knowledge about how many built, reviews, ownership, performance, running costs or general scuttlebutt appreciated. ( PS the dually fenders are split and open with the back doors - I think thats cool !.. ) Thanks..
You must be registered for see images attach

Fat 454

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20 Suburban
Engine Size
oh and its 4x4 too ( and I think has a diesel, but not sure yet )

DoubleDingo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bagoomba
Truck Year
Truck Model
81-C20 Silverado Camper Special-TH400-4.10s
Engine Size
Carb'ed Vortec 350
Interesting.

GM Heritage is back with the information. Search gmheritage and then you can navigate to the year of that burb.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Hi All,

can anyone shed any light on this vehicle style. My son is looking at buying a GMT 400 crew for a work truck, and this popped up. Probably going to be counted out as running costs will be through the roof with duals etc., however I have not seen many, and assumed they are quite "rare" ( heavily overused term these days ). Any knowledge about how many built, reviews, ownership, performance, running costs or general scuttlebutt appreciated. ( PS the dually fenders are split and open with the back doors - I think thats cool !.. ) Thanks..
You must be registered for see images attach

Those were aftermarket conversions. There was more than one company that sold parts, iirc, Arrowcraft was the common one.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Also, when you are talking about large trucks, a dually doesn't really add a measurable amount to the running costs. The difference in mpg is miniscule and the rear tires should last longer, somewhat offsetting the cost of two additional tires.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wootensan