Gauge help!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doug80

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Douglas
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I just picked up a 1980 Chevy k10 4x4 auto the speedo fuel gauge and cluster lights don't work the fuel gauge tho work buts it's on we're it should be off its straight down and on it goes to 3 O'clock any idea on what this could be related to on this stuff now working? Also my fuse box does not have a fuse in every spot on could go should there be one in every slot? But the temp volts and oil gushes do work. I'm trying to get the gauge cluster out and am having major issue with it

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Moved out of Site News to the proper category. Maybe you'll get some responses now. I'd imagine chengny will be here with some tips or advice if he can make sense of the post.

We don't like to be grammar ****'s and run anyone down for misspelling and such, since most of us realize, some of us are better educated than others, but please please... Periods at least. They help so much for the speed readers. We also get it, many are using cell phones to post and it can be a real bitch to punctuate properly, but at least the periods please.

I'll be looking at your other posts to see if you started an under construction thread on this project with some pics. Around here, they might let you slide missing a period here and there, (unless your female and was our date a couple weeks ago) but not posting pics, you're gonna put up with some ****. 1980 was certainly one of the better years for a 4x4. All had the NP205 tranfer case no matter the tranmisison or the model, and all had Spicer lockout hubs.

chengny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
K3500
Engine Size
350/5.7
I'm trying to get the gauge cluster out and am having major issue with it

First trick is to get some slack in the speedometer cable. Locate the cable - on the engine side of the firewall - and spray some WD-40 on the sheathing.

Then, when you have some slack cable, push down on the cluster and pull the top in towards yourself. Below are some images showing the 4 locations for the mounting screws and how to extract the cluster from the dash opening:

You must be registered for see images attach

Doug80

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Douglas
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Thank you guys. Sorry hotrod,I can understand how frustrating/upsetting that can be.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Thank you guys. Sorry hotrod,I can understand how frustrating/upsetting that can be.

Ain't no thang Dawg. Just wanted to bring it up before you got pounced on by someone else.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChevyJGP