gas tank info please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

curse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
kyle
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
I bought a hose, unhooked the hose from the mechanical pump that runs back to the tank, ran the new hose from the mechanical pump to the gas can which was on the ground in front of the truck. The new hose is 4 foot long and the gas in the can is ethanol free. I eliminated any potential issues in the gas tank. Gas comes out of the line that hooks to the carb when truck is cranked over but gas does not go into the carb. Truck starts right up if I pour gas in the carb.

Last edited:

Craig Nedrow

NADAR UNDER THE RADAR
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Truck Year
1973 (have two), 1985
Truck Model
K10, K20, C20
Engine Size
350, 454, 6.2 Detroit
Fuel inlet likely has a filter, check, remove and should get gas. If that works, just replace that filter.

curse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
kyle
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
Here's your pic. It's a 2 barrel and the motor is a 77 305. I opened the carb up and the float is fine...needle is fine...plunger looks fine. still no gas flow. Like I said, It is getting gas out of the line that goes to the carb. I just want to be able to move the truck if needed. I got a low mileage 350 crate motor I will be swapping, maybe I'll just wait till I do the swap and forget about this carb.

You must be registered for see images attach

Rusty Nail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
350sbc
Ahhh! That ain't no Quadrajet at all!

People WANT those carbs and jntakes dude, i'd try to sell it before I ghrew it away...even if you forget about it.

waittt...

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Fuhgetaboutit?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1998_K1500_Sub