Fuel pump in tank w/carb

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dave C.

Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
Anybody here know what it would take to run a stock Blazer fuel pump in the tank with a Rochester carb? I have an electric fuel pump I would like to eliminate as it is pretty noisy. Since I am attempting to install a Blazer tank in my C10, I thought of using the '89 Blazer fuel pump and sending unit as well. I cannot use a mechanical pump as my block is a '99 which is not machined for a pump. Any advice is appreciated.

foamypirate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jake (Mr. Wilson)
Truck Year
Truck Model
El Camino, baby!
Engine Size
5.3L/4L60E
Anybody here know what it would take to run a stock Blazer fuel pump in the tank with a Rochester carb? I have an electric fuel pump I would like to eliminate as it is pretty noisy. Since I am attempting to install a Blazer tank in my C10, I thought of using the '89 Blazer fuel pump and sending unit as well. I cannot use a mechanical pump as my block is a '99 which is not machined for a pump. Any advice is appreciated.

You just need to have a fuel pressure regulator in line before the carb, regulated to about 7psi or so. A quick search on Summit or Jegs should pull up quite a few for a reasonable price.

Dave C.

Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
Ok, That should not be a problem then. I was just worried that I would need a return line.

Thanks!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogueakula