Fuel gauge wire

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Harleyboy1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Adan
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
Does anyone know what color or where the wire comes out of the engine bay bulkhead that goes to the fuel sending unit on a 1983 Chevy Silverado c10 this truck was built in Canada

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Does anyone know what color or where the wire comes out of the engine bay bulkhead that goes to the fuel sending unit on a 1983 Chevy Silverado c10 this truck was built in Canada
Pink

Harleyboy1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Adan
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
Is it a solid pink wire at the very bottom of the the left side of the bulkhead my dog tore into the harness when he was a puppy reason for all the confusion if it is the wire were talking about that great decided to run just one tank so do i still need the selector switch or can i just remove those wires have the selector valve but decided to run just one tank so the selector valve won't be used still in the box rated for 60 pds just dont want to take any chances was grandfathers truck so trying to rebuild it with an L59 motor oh one more question if you don't mind is 12 ga wire good enough for an ep381 fuel pump

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
I hope your pup is ok copper is bad for dogs to ingest. But yes that sounds right.

Blodge

Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Truck Year
Truck Model
1500 silverado
Engine Size
When I did my swap to the 6.0 and like you went just one tank I removed all the transfer valve wiring. The pink wire went to the guage. The sending units, depending on which side if the truck it was, we're gray or tan. The ECM and harness I installed had fuel pump relay. So I run that directly to the new pump and sending unit and bypassed the old wiresand under dash selector switch configuration. It was easy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reese68