Front and Rear Diff Fluid

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

85-BURBON

Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500
Engine Size
I am wondering what the safest option is for my 85 Suburban. It has the 8.5 G80 in the rear and I believe 8.5 up front as well. I am looking into Amsoil 75-110 right now wondering if anyone else uses it? The truck gets dogged pretty hard and I want everything to last as long as possible. I know sooner or later Im bound to break something, but in the mean what whats my best option for front a rear diff fluid???

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
The Amsoil isn't a bad option but I'd ask, How often do you drive through deep water or mud? If you do it very often, I'd think what's more important is changing the fluids much more often to keep the water out of the axles so being the expense of Amsoil, if you need to change your fluid every 6 months or so, then I'd just go with the standard GL4 or GL5 store bought oils. Clean oil is more important than what oil you'll use.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rotti_rancher