Forum problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

f6john

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do any of you frequent the Chevelle tech forum? I use Chevelle tech, ls1tech, and the Corvette forum almost daily. For the last few days I can’t even get logged on to any of these without the below pop-up showing up and locking the screen. I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this. I’m hoping it is a site problem and not a bug, virus, malware whatever on my iPad. If you click the close button it just opens the next page and on and on.
You must be registered for see images attach

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
Do any of you frequent the Chevelle tech forum? I use Chevelle tech, ls1tech, and the Corvette forum almost daily. For the last few days I can’t even get logged on to any of these without the below pop-up showing up and locking the screen. I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this. I’m hoping it is a site problem and not a bug, virus, malware whatever on my iPad. If you click the close button it just opens the next page and on and on.
I get that on random websites when cruisin on my phone. I use the gmsb website from my phones internet browser and ive never had that here.

Dougnsalem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
I can't say anything about an iPad. If anyone has it happen on a cel, running Android- put it in desktop mode before you go to the forum.

Frankenchevy

Proverbs 16:18
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
popups happen for a variety of reasons. spy ware is usually benign but annoying. use a browser with good privacy settings. I do factory resets on every device I own every couple of months. I back up the important stuff on an offline raid array.

the iPad browser can browse in "private mode" with the factory build. just click the window switch button in the top right corner(the one that looks like one square on top of the other) you can then select private mode for any window you open. this is somewhat effective. you'll want to delete your browsing history as often as possible and adjust your privacy/firewall settings.

edit: don't click any links on those pop ups even the "close" ones. just close the browser altogether.

4WDKC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kacy
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
While not a member of chevelle I do constantly end up there from googling different things, I am a member at corvette forum and do not have an issue viewing either site without issue from a pc.

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
security settings, privacy settings, adblocking applications or even some variation of a hosts file

f6john

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m somewhat addicted to my iPad since the screen on my laptop went screwie. I may need to get my screen repaired. I really don’t need all the capability of a pc but the pop-up on the iPad is crimping my style. I glean a lot of info for my ls swap and Corvette maintenance and moods from those sites

f6john

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just an update, everything is back to normal without any input on my part. I guess the sites were infected and they got it corrected.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1987R10Man