FNG from Oklahoma

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1911fool

Reaction score
First Name
mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
350 growing up to a 454
I am a FNG from Oklahoma. I currently have an '80 Big Ten. It still has the factory 350, but I am building a 454 for it.
The truck had sat for years before I bought it. I put air in tires, a new battery and some fuel. It fired up with about 3 cranks. I did unhook the dizzy and turn it over to get the oil going before trying to get it to start.

I drove it home. The cruise works, the A/C works. I was impressed. No rust except in the passenger front fender.

This is the only picture I have of it online currently.

My truck is on the right, the one on the left is my friend's '79. His is a factory big block truck.

You must be registered for see images attach

Stewzer55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Stew
Truck Year
Truck Model
R30
Engine Size
350 TBI
Nice truck!

:welcome:

Skweegle89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Where in OK?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Skweegle89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Nevermind I see it now.

1911fool

Reaction score
First Name
mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
350 growing up to a 454

Skweegle89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I'm in Ada. You have a couple of neighbors pretty close.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
wow! nice truck! :welcome:

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Welcome to GMSB from Moore Mike. Nice Trucks. Did you and your bud plan out the Twinkie thing or did it just work out that way??? :rofl:

Also feel free to check out our sister forum www.weaponsforum.com . Not sure why, something tells me you might be interested. :shrug:

attachment.php

1911fool

Reaction score
First Name
mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
350 growing up to a 454
Welcome to GMSB from Moore Mike. Nice Trucks. Did you and your bud plan out the Twinkie thing or did it just work out that way??? :rofl:

Also feel free to check out our sister forum www.weaponsforum.com . Not sure why, something tells me you might be interested. :shrug:

Thank you.

We didn't really plan the twinkie thing, but it kinda happened. He found my '80 and was planning on buying it, but he kept it to himself. He then found the '79 and someone had pulled the motor and trans and was going to crush the truck. He bought it for $300. Then put a motor and trans in it. It is very solid as well.

I bought a '77 that turned out to be a solid turd that fought me at every turn. I tried to buy his '79 and he wouldn't sell. One Saturday morning he shows up and says" come on, Ive got something to show you." We went and looked at the '80 and then talked to the owner. I was able to buy the truck for $900. As I said I aired up the tires, added battery and fuel and started it and drove it home.

It turns out that I am the 4th owner of this truck and I know the previous 3 owners well. Actually I have known this truck since it was new, just didn't realize when I first saw it.

He is the second owner of his truck.

It is fun because people take a double take when they see the two trucks sitting somewhere together. When I have someone I don't know waving or honking at me, I know they probably think it is him and vice versa.

Both trucks are very solid and are good platforms to begin with. We have done the same things to each one. We've done the interiors of both trucks, window channels and cab rubbers. Right now I have a set of wing windows that I am putting new rubbers in. I will pull mine out and put the new ones in and then re build mine and put in his truck.

I also have a Gen V 454 that I am rebuilding(having rebuilt). Our plans are to also install 700r4's in both trucks. Then new paint. We'll do the body work on each ourselves then have them sprayed by a guy in Marlow.

My truck runs good, but the motor is tired and needs some help. I really enjoy cruising down the highway in it with the A/C going and the cruise set.

There is one item I will need once I put the big block in. I need the cruise control vacuum canister that bolts to the back of the head. The BBC has a different one than the SBC. I found one for his truck but I have yet to find another. So if anyone has one let me know. I have a line on everything else I need for the swap.

Since you are in Moore, it will be easy for parts swapping if you need anything. I drive all over the state(western 2/3) for my job and I am constantly on the look out. I have been in many, many salvage yards, pawn shops and gun stores all over the state.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I like all the history and how you acquired that truck. :waytogo:

Sounds like, as just about all of us are, going to be working on it soon. They never really get done. The more you get done and think you're about done, you get another idea.

When you get a chance start up a Build thread in the Under Construction section. Start it off with some current pics. A great way to document what you've done to it and get other opinions, ideas and help along the way. It's also nice to go back after awhile and see the before and after.
http://www.gmsquarebody.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=25

Mr Clean

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Truck Year
1982 & 1985
Truck Model
K10 Extra Cab w/ Proper SWB, & 85 K5 Blazer