Fluctuating idle symptoms

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Burban1990

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
James
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban 2500
Engine Size
Recently replaced the coolant temperature sensor that fixed the high idle I was experiencing. Truck's been running great now that the idol is where it should be but I noticed in the last day or so the idol is surging. Not all the time though and only notice at idle speed in park or stopped at a light. I was thinking it could be idle air control valve or a vacuum leak but I just went through all my hoses and they're all fine. No check engine light and it doesn't do it all the time. And when I park it today it was actually almost pulsating up down up down up down. I have to admit this one's new to me haven't had a vehicle act like this before.

Vbb199

B-rate Hillbilly Customs
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Truck Year
89, 79
Truck Model
89 Suburban R1500, 79 C10
Engine Size
350, 502
IAC is too far out of range with initial idle setting maybe?

Burban1990

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
James
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban 2500
Engine Size
I just did a reset on the idle for the IAC and it continued to fluctuate. So then I decided to start it up and keep the RPMs up until it got warm then ran and unplugged the IAC and an idle just fine as soon as I plugged the IAC back in it started to fluctuate almost to the point to where it died. At this point I'm pretty confident the IC is bad along with the fact that it doesn't look like an AC Delco part which I tend to use.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
83C30dually