Fix Slamming Doors - Striker Door Latch Repair

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1981lowrider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra
Engine Size
V-8
I will be doing this to my truck! I will let you know this weekend. Thanks HotRod!

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I have three squarebodys I can try this on. Love cheap and easy mods!

It'll work, guarenteed or your money back !!! :roflbow::roflbow::roflbow:

The money you paid for the advice of course. Gotta love FREE !!! :birgits_tiredcoffee

Beatdown Z

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You are the man!!!

Did this today on all three of them and it's the best $1.78 I've ever spent!

I just used a new utility knife blade to cut the pex(hacksaw would be much safer though).

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Dammit, where did that tip jar go???

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
Just keep bumping it HR so I remember to do it. :waytogo:

crazy4offroad

Equal Opportunity Destroyer
Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP205
Like at a bar, the bartender will bump it as a reminder lol I knew what ya meant John!! :cheers:

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
I just printed a copy of this page to stick in my wallet and remind me to hit HD this weekend and get this done. This ******** winter weather blast we are getting this weekend will keep me hiding in the shop at work and doing some Burb projects.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Like at a bar, the bartender will bump it as a reminder lol I knew what ya meant John!! :cheers:

Yeah Yeah, I knew what he meant too. It's been sticky since I last found it, so it shouldn't get to far away this time. It got buried pretty deep before I pulled it back up, and I was only able to find it in threads I started cuz I wasn't sure which category I put it in.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
I just finished this on my Burb and I am ******* FLOORED by how good this works. Major improvement to my vehicle, ranks right up there with the new headliner and cylnder heads. My kids will be able to close ghe doors now with a feather touch, and I won't have to wake the neighbors up late at night when I get home, slamming the doors.

Anybody who hasn't done this yet, you don't know what you are missing. I had to buy a 5 foot section of white 1/2" PEX. Used abiut 3" of it for the 4 doors. I am going to cut the rest of it up into 4" pieces.

Anybody who wants a piece for free, PM me your shipping address and I will mail a piece to you, free of charge. :waytogo:

Jason92

Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
k20
Engine Size
Ive done this myself. Works awesome

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I just finished this on my Burb and I am ******* FLOORED by how good this works. Major improvement to my vehicle, ranks right up there with the new headliner and cylnder heads. My kids will be able to close ghe doors now with a feather touch, and I won't have to wake the neighbors up late at night when I get home, slamming the doors.

Anybody who hasn't done this yet, you don't know what you are missing. I had to buy a 5 foot section of white 1/2" PEX. Used abiut 3" of it for the 4 doors. I am going to cut the rest of it up into 4" pieces.

Anybody who wants a piece for free, PM me your shipping address and I will mail a piece to you, free of charge. :waytogo:

Sure beats spending $8-$10 for each striker x 4, then the added labor and hassle if you can't get one broke loose and all that BS. I think its been about a year since I did mine, and still holding up just fine.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
I even replaced the last remaining factory plastic sleeve on the driver's front door, just in spite. :waytogo:

Dieselshine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
2500 trailering special
Engine Size
This wouldst been a good mod for my last 79 single cab that door was ****** been slammed so hard by the previous owner that he busted the window track inside the door lol that truck was a mess ill defs be doin this mod to my 3+3 the back doors aren't bad but the driver and passenger need a lil persuasion to close lol Thnx hrpc

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BryantRiverRat