Factory rear sway bar end links mounting on K series

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bronze Knight

Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
Hey everyone I looked at the other threads on this and could not find an answer. I got a factory rear sway bar off an 89 V3500 (I think it was a V...) and I'm just now getting around to mounting it. I got new U-bolts and got the plates that mount under the axle mounted. I am temporarily reusing the sway bar bushings but I don't see a good place to mount the sway bar end links.

I know there are some frame differences between the 2 and 4-wheel drive and that seems to be my issue. There is an overload leaf spring rest/stop that is mounted right where the end link would like to go. I was going to use the oblong hole behind that mounting plate but my end links are not long enough. I could try and go find some longer ones but was wondering If I couldn't just drill a hole where the end link wants to be and call it good? Or I could get some L brackets like this https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00AZS8BNK/

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Mr Clean

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Truck Year
1982 & 1985
Truck Model
K10 Extra Cab w/ Proper SWB, & 85 K5 Blazer
Engine Size
454 BBC, & 383 Stroker
Try turning your sway bar around. Have it facing toward the back. The sway bar will still work. It's axle attached to the frame.

Bronze Knight

Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
Try turning your sway bar around. Have it facing toward the back. The sway bar will still work. It's axle attached to the frame.
I try that. Still think it’ll look better faceing forward though. No reason I can’t drill through that spring stop it’s just a stop/rest for the overload springs right?

Mr Clean

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Truck Year
1982 & 1985
Truck Model
K10 Extra Cab w/ Proper SWB, & 85 K5 Blazer
Engine Size
454 BBC, & 383 Stroker
I try that. Still think it’ll look better faceing forward though. No reason I can’t drill through that spring stop it’s just a stop/rest for the overload springs right?
Sure you can. Just make sure you don't drill through anything important.

86454k30

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Truck Year
Truck Model
CHEVROLET
Engine Size
I removed that rivet and bolted the end link in that hole. I have done 4 of them like that with no issue.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willyg