extras needed for a rough country 6"lift on 85 K10

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DRCKISS

Reaction score
First Name
james
Truck Year
Truck Model
c/k10
Engine Size
after reading and looking at reviews im more confused on extras needed with a RC 6" lift

2 extended brake lines for the front
1 or 2 extended brake lines in the back?
any other suggestions i know you have some

thanks

nvrenuf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
There's only 1 soft brake hose in the rear.

Be prepared to lengthen driveshafts, you may not have to if it's a street ONLY truck (but this doesn't make it right).

Do NOT drop the tcase crossmember, this is a hack.

I had a 6" Rough Country kit on a truck I used to daily, it rode rough. RC springs have some of the highest spring rates on the market, this makes them stiff.

What part of Alabama are you in?

Bextreme04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
350-4bbl
Two brake lines in the front and one in the back. You will also need either a raised steering link or a drop pitman arm. 4" is about the smallest lift where you can get away with not changing that.

DRCKISS

Reaction score
First Name
james
Truck Year
Truck Model
c/k10
Engine Size
There's only 1 soft brake hose in the rear.

Be prepared to lengthen driveshafts, you may not have to if it's a street ONLY truck (but this doesn't make it right).

Do NOT drop the tcase crossmember, this is a hack.

I had a 6" Rough Country kit on a truck I used to daily, it rode rough. RC springs have some of the highest spring rates on the market, this makes them stiff.

What part of Alabama are you in?
im in central alabama around clanton area

onemetalhead69

Reaction score
First Name
James
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
350 5.7L
On our '73, we also used the Offroad Design Swaybar Bushing Kit and Swaybar Correction and Disconnect System which really made a difference in how stiff this thing rides. Another note is that yes, RC will send you the extended brake lines and they work well, but we also sent off our emergency brake cables to Inline Tube to have them extended 10". I know alot of people say they dont use the emergency brake, etc, etc, etc but it is nice to have it for when you park, especially if a 16 year old kid will be the driver.

Just my two cents.

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
IMO don’t get RC front springs unless you are plowing snow (which you’re not in Alabama) or hanging a 200lb steel bumper and a big winch on the front.
Or you enjoy the ride that a F550 provides…lol.

This assuming you’re at least somewhat interested in comfort and springs that are more compliant.

And I’ll echo what others have said, for parts and considerations. If you’re doing it right, 4” lift is about the max you can just slap in it and go without having to deal with driveshaft lengths and angles in a more serious manner.
Example, I’m up to 5” front lift now (theoretically and on 4” what I believe to be RC springs, the big block does help tame them a little. Got the truck that way. Didn’t buy those springs) and the front DS is on the verge of being too short. I’d never twist it up on a trail in 4wd but it’ll be ok for the occasional 4wd rip around in the 2 snows a year we get here.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willyg