EPM Machine, Portland, OR

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brban88

Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban V20
Engine Size
Good morning,

I’m checking to see if anyone has had or knows of anyone who’s used an engine from EPM Machine located in Portland, OR. They advertise remanufactured engines including several 383 strokers that are TBI ready with 7 year or 70,000 mile warrantees at incredibly reasonable prices. It appears that they’ve been in business for years but I’m struggling got find any customer reviews or testimonials on them and their product line.

I figured that surely someone in this group would have some knowledge of this company. I’d appreciate any feedback I can get.

You all stay safe, healthy and free!

semperfiguy98

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban K20
Engine Size
Let me know if you do buy an engine from them what you think. I'm in Vancouver and looking for a good machine shop.

Dutch Rutter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Joshua
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I used a very good machine shop down south of Portland in Stayton Or. Bit of a drive for you guys, but guy knows his stuff and has great prices, because he runs a full service machine shop out of his own garage. Really the only shop I was able to find local to me that didn't just say "go buy a crate".

Pm me if needed and I can send over his info.

Bextreme04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
350-4bbl
I'm currently using Davison NAPA Machine shop to do my work in Woodburn, OR. I'll be at about $2,000 in parts and labor to fully rebuild my Gen VI 454. That includes cleaning, bore and hone, cam bearing replacement, and balancing the rotating assembly. New parts are all new bearings, .020 over pistons, hydraulic roller lifters, pushrods, timing set, water pump, oil pump, and a full gasket set. I could have done it cheaper, but I figured that while I had it apart and before I stick it in the truck I might as well have it fully freshened up. The engine had 282,000 miles on it from new and still ran strong when I pulled it for the swap.

I've never heard of EPM machine.. they appear to be fairly new(or at least their website is). A warranty is only as good as the person giving it. If they are out of business or just don't answer your calls.. what are you going to do? You aren't local to Portland are you?

Dutch Rutter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Joshua
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I tried having that NAPA do my mild 350. They pretty much acted like I was wasting their time. Could have been a one time thing or a pissed off employee or whatever but I didn't feel the need to force them into doing any work for me. Probably a different story if you have a bbc or something less common then my "plain ole sbc" (their words).

Bextreme04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
350-4bbl
I tried having that NAPA do my mild 350. They pretty much acted like I was wasting their time. Could have been a one time thing or a pissed off employee or whatever but I didn't feel the need to force them into doing any work for me. Probably a different story if you have a bbc or something less common then my "plain ole sbc" (their words).

They were recommended by the guy who did my head work. It helped that I wasn't in a hurry. They have had it for almost 2 months and just got to working on it last week. They only have one head machinist and an assistant, and apparently a huge waiting list of work. I do need to find someone to do a quick turn down on my figure 8 adapter on the NP205 to fit the 4L80e index ring. I doubt these guys would be able to get it in soon enough for my needs. If you don't mind sharing the info for your guy in stayton, I'd maybe see if he can do it for me.

The big bonus for me has been their supply line and reasonable prices. They have been able to source parts at a much lower price than what I have found and they are name-brand and backed by NAPA. Downside is they aren't able to do it fast.

Bextreme04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
350-4bbl
@Bextreme04

Pm sent. I would openly share it but I have a hard time sharing people's names and phone numbers openly over the internets guess I'm old like that :33:

I can respect that... isn't it a business though?

Dutch Rutter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Joshua
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I can respect that... isn't it a business though?

It is and I was always a little confused why he doesent advertise at all. He operates out of his shop behind his house, and it seems more of a personal hobby that he enjoys more then needs to do for money. So I really have no idea. He does seem to stay fairly steady with work for "word of mouth" advertising.

Craig Nedrow

NADAR UNDER THE RADAR
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Truck Year
1973 (have two), 1985
Truck Model
K10, K20, C20
Engine Size
350, 454, 6.2 Detroit
R and Q Parts and Machine Selah WA. Been dealing with them since 1968, they are famous in my little neck of the woods. Built a 235 Chev 6 with an Isky cam and balanced rotating assembly, still have it. Also built a 355 which I just pulled to replace with the 454, excellent smooth motor, also balanced. I let them do the machining, and as a machinist, I have checked there work and every dimension, so far perfect. The shop is a time machine, like they were in the late 60's, great people, love that place. They will do the LQ4 as well, but I have to wait a few more weeks, as they are two months backlogged. I personally highly recommended them.

Castandiello

Reaction score
First Name
Nino
Truck Year
Truck Model
C1500
Engine Size
Good morning,

I’m checking to see if anyone has had or knows of anyone who’s used an engine from EPM Machine located in Portland, OR. They advertise remanufactured engines including several 383 strokers that are TBI ready with 7 year or 70,000 mile warrantees at incredibly reasonable prices. It appears that they’ve been in business for years but I’m struggling got find any customer reviews or testimonials on them and their product line.

I figured that surely someone in this group would have some knowledge of this company. I’d appreciate any feedback I can get.

You all stay safe, healthy and free!
I placed an order with them 4 1/2 months ago and the person in charge named Greg is still giving me all kinds of excuses. At least he answers the phone. The reason why I've been very patient because (1) I am not in a hurry because my truck is still running (2) at the same week I also ordered an Edelbrock pro flo 4 from Jeggs and it's also been on back order for 4 months. I called Edelbrock and they said the manufacturing is taking too long. Both items from separate sellers are still on backorder. I'm starting to lose my patience. And then you have this.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

KYbound

Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Truck Year
Truck Model
3500HD
Engine Size
I placed an order with them 4 1/2 months ago and the person in charge named Greg is still giving me all kinds of excuses. At least he answers the phone. The reason why I've been very patient because (1) I am not in a hurry because my truck is still running (2) at the same week I also ordered an Edelbrock pro flo 4 from Jeggs and it's also been on back order for 4 months. I called Edelbrock and they said the manufacturing is taking too long. Both items from separate sellers are still on backorder. I'm starting to lose my patience. And then you have this.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
I placed an order with them over a year ago and am hearing the same things. I've checked other sites and it seems to be happening with many customers. I've been trying to patient as you have. Some have requested to get a refund. I can't afford to lose my money. UPDATE AND EDIT. I just spoke to them and I'm going to continue to be patient. I'm hoping they get caught up and things smooth out, but I do need the engine.

Last edited:

Bextreme04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
350-4bbl
I placed an order with them over a year ago and am getting the same run-around. I've checked other sites and it seems to be happening with many customers. I've been trying to patient as you have. Some have requested to get a refund and they have yet to receive their money back. I can't afford to lose my money. I have noticed they are still advertising and selling engines on ebay. In other words, they are selling engines and are yet to fulfill past orders. If they can't fill the orders they have, it doesn't make sense to take on new customers. I'd like to pm you and exchange info.
There are just too many local machine shops to be trying to buy a rebuilt SBC from ebay. I've now had a BBC and a SBC machined at two different local shops and had no issues with either parts or machining. The BBC took about 3 months to get everything done, but they are a very busy shop and I told them I wasn't in any hurry. The SBC only took about 1-1/2 weeks for everything, and that was with me ordering the parts after I dropped it off and he had cleaned and crack tested everything so I knew what size oversize pistons to order. I ordered everything from summit and had it within about 3 days.

54chevy558888

Reaction score
First Name
kurt
Truck Year
Truck Model
chevy
Engine Size
We just got a judgement from EPM Machine Co. (AKA) Greg Mahoney for a 383 engine we ordered almost two years ago for $3,295.00. Contacted A lawyer in Oregon and we just got a judgment in our favor.Took some time but at this point we had it with this CLOWN, He has screwed a lot of people that I see online. If you are a straight shooter and you have all the documents to prove to the court he owes you for not delivering the engine or whatever he owes you. Call this guy, very professional and fun reading his commentary.
John Gear Law Office & Salem Consumer Law 503-569-7777

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bhardiman1