Engine.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Prm78Big10

Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
calculator I used... are you sure you dont have convertor slip?
Well, transmission went out the other day. Lasted over 3 years on a $750 700r4 built with no core. So I am really happy with that, now it's time to drop $2400 on a stage 3 good for 700ish hp. The motor I'm building should be right around 500/500tq. So the trans shop took one look at my converter and said it would not hold up. Today I recieved my 3000 stall Billet Converter from FTI. It was a little less than 8 bills to my door. The former converter was only $350ish so I'm sure it was not very efficent. I will keep my L31 in the truck for now and was wondering how much of a difference I should expect with this new high dollar converter?
Maybe get a few more tenths, or even some MPH on the big end out of it?

Prm78Big10

Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
Yes, I considered them as an option. they have a good rep. But with shipping, and core, and being on the other side of the country I figured I would stay local. This good ole boy has an excellent reputation, and is a racer himself.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blue Boy