Engine swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
Seems like alot of people disagree with my thinking so I might just delete this lol, but you also gotta look at the dude who fit a durmax in a camaro and an cummins in a charger

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
But those are physically smaller packages to work with. The raw dimensions of what you're looking to start with don't support the reality of it. Ther are plenty of other oddball engines out there that will fit in the alloted space. Didn't the germans put an air cooled diesel v8 into something? I'm thinking an old Mercedes.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Seems like alot of people disagree with my thinking so I might just delete this lol, but you also gotta look at the dude who fit a durmax in a camaro and an cummins in a charger

Automobile engines in an automobile isn’t hard what you’ve suggested I’d Say that’s on the fringe.

blaizewedlake123

Reaction score
First Name
Blaize
Truck Year
Truck Model
k20
Engine Size
But those are physically smaller packages to work with. The raw dimensions of what you're looking to start with don't support the reality of it. Ther are plenty of other oddball engines out there that will fit in the alloted space. Didn't the germans put an air cooled diesel v8 into something? I'm thinking an old Mercedes.
I dont know I dont like foreign cars

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
In busses lol and Snowcats. The Deutz was a good engine. Oh and tanks. Lol

Dougnsalem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
And I'm not against swaps. I put a 500 cid Caddy in a 70 Nova, when I was in high school. It fit though, and didn't weigh as much as the car....

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
And I'm not against swaps. I put a 500 cid Caddy in a 70 Nova, when I was in high school. It fit though, and didn't weigh as much as the car....
I guess you just don’t have the benefit of the wardrobe to help you.thats why you settled on such an easy swap. Nardia would lend the talents of her mystical beasts if you’d only believe.....

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
In busses lol and Snowcats. The Deutz was a good engine. Oh and tanks. Lol
Couldn't recall what they used them in. Only hearing about them swapped into trucks.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Couldn't recall what they used them in. Only hearing about them swapped into trucks.
I’ve worked on the Deutz V8 aircooled diesels in Neoplan busses. Many moons ago when I was 16-17. I wasn’t certified just had practical knowledge and mechanical ability.

Dougnsalem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
I guess you just don’t have the benefit of the wardrobe to help you.thats why you settled on such an easy swap. Nardia would lend the talents of her mystical beasts if you’d only believe.....
You must be registered for see images attach

Although I guess either of those could apply, I'm gonna assume you ment Narnia. Awesome movie! The kids love it....

And I did the Caddy because I was a broke-ass punk, and I got it for free. Couldn't afford that BBC stuff. Lol

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407

Although I guess either of those could apply, I'm gonna assume you ment Narnia. Awesome movie! The kids love it....

And I did the Caddy because I was a broke-ass punk, and I got it for free. Couldn't afford that BBC stuff. Lol
Yeah that’s what I meant. Lol although the plump thing may excite someone......you know who you are. Lol

Blue Ox

Turning Diesel Fuel Into Fun
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Truck Year
MCMLXXXV
Truck Model
K20HD
Engine Size
6.2L
Why don't we just reverse the drivetrain and stick a 12V-71 in the bed?

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407

I’m sure you were rocking the Daytons on that bitch too. Lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Adriank