Electronics are dropping like flies!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Akabot98

Reaction score
First Name
Alec
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Suburban
Engine Size
5.7 V8
In the past month alone I've had my radio die, fuel, temp, and volt gauges go out, dome lights stop working, and the sound the truck makes when the lights are on and the truck is off is constantly going any time the lights are on. Plus my anytime my ac is on at a light the truck dies. Any solutions are appreciated!
Update- most recently horn stopped working, and 12 cig lighter isn't getting power either

Last edited:

CRM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Casey
Truck Year
Truck Model
K2500
Engine Size
350 CI
Sounds like you'd better start checking all ground terminations. Symptoms indicate a loose, or corroded, connection.

87ChevyR10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
Check the grounds and grab a volt meter and check the alternator. If it's not supplying enough juice, things quit working and engine dies.

marks86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
12v Cummins
check battery volts with truck off, should be like 12.5 volts. Next check volts with truck running should be 14.5. At this point you know the alternator is doing its job. My honest guess is you have a ground problem. Take all the grounds apart clean to bare metal and retighten.

Akabot98

Reaction score
First Name
Alec
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Suburban
Engine Size
5.7 V8
Check the grounds and grab a volt meter and check the alternator. If it's not supplying enough juice, things quit working and engine dies.

I'd had problems with battery going low before and now it gets plugged in every night so I doubt that's the problem

87scotty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20
Engine Size
5.7 for now
If youve had battery problems that alternater is probably over working could be causing voltage spikes ect ect id start by fixing what you knows wrong

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
K5Chris