EFI rated fuel plumbing solution

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chuckd84

Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado K20
Engine Size
Ive installed a fitech 600 power adder about 5 years ago and have had multiple leaks from hose failure lately. Ive got a functional dual tank setup using an 86 selector valve (truck is an 84) and all rubber hose at this point.
Is there a better solution using steel for plumbing the majority of the supply and return lines? Id also love to know of a way to find a selector valve for the tank that doesnt require hose barb connections. Ive got to replace every inch of the current rubber hose and just hope there is a more lasting solution with the crap ethanol fuel we have to run these days.

MarineOne

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size

75gmck25

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25 Camper Special TH350 NP203
Engine Size
Amazon and other vendors sell SAE J30R9 fuel hose, which is rated for high pressure EFI and modern gas. Local stores also carry it, but it’s usually much cheaper to buy lengths of it (20 feet?) from online. They also have EFI hose clamps, which are made like band clamps, so they don’t cut into the hose when tightened.

Chuckd84

Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado K20
Engine Size
Has anybody ever tried the stainless tubing and swagelok fittings adapted to AN fittings? That would make a permanent run from the tanks to the engine bay if they would work.

Chuckd84

Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado K20
Engine Size
Amazon and other vendors sell SAE J30R9 fuel hose, which is rated for high pressure EFI and modern gas. Local stores also carry it, but it’s usually much cheaper to buy lengths of it (20 feet?) from online. They also have EFI hose clamps, which are made like band clamps, so they don’t cut into the hose when tightened.
Is that J30R9 the ptfe lined hose?

75gmck25

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25 Camper Special TH350 NP203
Engine Size
J30R9 is a specification/rating, not a brand or hose design. It’s rated for 100 psi pressure, and resistance to the new fuel. It looks a lot like regular fuel hose, but is a little harder to bend.

J30R7 rated hose also handles the new fuels, but is for max 50 psi EFI.

Chuckd84

Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado K20
Engine Size
I recommend e85 rated an line. Much stronger and chemical resistant than typical fuel hose

I've used evil energy line from Amazon for years on many different applications

That's what I used on my LS swap. Been working fine so far.
Im planning to take that route. I appreciate the input. I looked into the stainless line idea today for a price estimate. McMaster-Carr sells the components and i had over $700 involved. No way im doing all of that lol

MarineOne

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
Another option for hard lines is classic tube. They are located about 20 mins from my house and deliver high quality product at great prices. I use them for all my restorations

Chuckd84

Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado K20
Engine Size
Another option for hard lines is classic tube. They are located about 20 mins from my house and deliver high quality product at great prices. I use them for all my restorations
I just checked the website out. I see they have the modulator line i need to replace too. Thanks for the info!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theshawnR