Dumb wiper question.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aGood'olBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremiah
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
For the life of me i cannot figure out how to get the wiper blade off the stud? I give up i'm making a thread..

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
You should be able to lift up the wiper arm and pull it straight up and off or it has a little tab beside the post on the divers side of each arm, you have to use a screw diver and pry that tab out of the way and at the same time pull the arm straight up and off.

The tab style ones are a pain in the ass

aGood'olBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremiah
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
I don't mean the arm off that stud. I mean the blade off the stud on the arm.....

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
OH lol the arm is shaped like a u a the end and the wiper pivot slides into that u and then a little clip on the wiper locks it in there. Just depress the clip and then pull out towards the base of the wiper arm

aGood'olBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremiah
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
I know what your referring to there's a j on the end and it just clips in place but that's not it.

Attachments

• 1416090866617-1430012404.jpg
    1416090866617-1430012404.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 82

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
It looks like the wiper is mounted on a stud. Should just be able to pull it off the stud. If you push the spray nozzle back that stud should come out of the j

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
Is that a clip or retaining washer of some sort? Can you push the blade towards the arm to get some play and then remove those clips or washers?

most of the time the wipers will come with little adapters to fit them on to different styled arms. It looks like it could still be a J arm from the pic. That's why I said that.

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
If all else fails get some pliers and put one side of the jaws on the back side of the wiper and the other side of the jaws on the end of the stud and force the wiper off the stud.

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
Your sure that the stud is not an adapter that fits in side the J arm. Sometimes when they have been on for a while and if they fit snug it seems like they are part of the arm.

I did that once and I eventually forced the wiper off the stud and then I realised that the stud was just an adapter. The wiper was not meant to come off the pivot but after I got it off you could see the cracks between the adapter and the j hook

aGood'olBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremiah
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
100% sure there's a cast plastic end. There's nothing that indicates to me that its a j hook. Which is what I had assumed it was.

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
well if your positive the stud is part of the arm, then the wiper blade must come off the stud so either the washers come off or use some pliers to push the blade off.

aGood'olBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremiah
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Figured it out and boy oh boy do i feel stuuupiiddd. They wiper itself had a spring that wrapped around the stud. i just had to bend the ends together to expand the spring and slide it off the stud...

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
lol glad you got it. Ive had a pain in the ass wiper before too