Driving Lights Install - relay connections

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

paolotvl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paolo
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10 - Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
Hello everybody and thank you for reading this. I just installed a set of Hella 500 driving lights. I almost finished the job, I just need to wire the positive wore with the switch from a positive source to the relay. I was thinking about using one of the wires feeding the headlights so that that circuit is hot only if I switch the headlights (or running lights, maybe better) on. Do you know which is a wire that gets 12v when the lights are on? I need one from under the dash, possibly, buy I can also run a wire from one of the headlights. Thank you for your help.

You must be registered for see images

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

J Knight

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
82 Chevy
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
350ci
Since your using a relay to power the lights and you only need a 12v hot to trigger the relay, you can use a spare terminal in the fuse box. You should have one right next to the running light fuse. This should only power the relay if your park lights or head lights are on. Verify the terminal with a test light.

paolotvl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paolo
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10 - Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
I spliced one of the wires from a marker light

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

kdo58

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
k5
Engine Size
my trigger is off the high beam switch so when i hit the hight beams the lights come on.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
btrain04