driver side lower control arm

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cbrodine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Collin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C25
Engine Size
I'm looking for a driver side lower control arm for my 73 GMC C25...Some rust is fine, just no heavy pitting or holes rusted through. Ball joint can be shot, doesnt matter as I'd replace it anyway. I bought a new one but cant use it because I am unable to bolt the shock to it because there isnt enough room for the nut...weird I know. Please help me out and let me know what you have...thanks!

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Ok, esplain this shock not thing again? I don't get it. You should be able to use the CA you bought.

I would be quite sometime, but I'll eventually have a 86 C20 LCA. I just can't take off the truck right now and have to keep it as a roller.

cbrodine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Collin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C25
Engine Size
Ok, esplain this shock not thing again? I don't get it. You should be able to use the CA you bought.

I would be quite sometime, but I'll eventually have a 86 C20 LCA. I just can't take off the truck right now and have to keep it as a roller.

HotRod...when I try to bolt the bottom of the shock to the new LCA I can slide the bolt in through the shock mount and shock, what I can't do is put the nut on because there isnt enough room for the nut. On the LCA (where the nut should go) beside the shock mount tab should be an area that is slightly recessed or bent in so that the nut has a place to be. On my new LCA this area is not as recessed as an older original LCA, so with the bolt in place I am unble to put the nut on. I hope this makes sense. This is why I want another original LCA, I will just media blast it and powder coat it like I did the passanger side. You have one available?

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I think I know what you're talking about. A bit longer bolt should cover that. Kinda sux though. That's why many people like myself only like to buy OEM parts and to hell with new aftermarket ****.

If I have one, it'll be quite some time before I can get it. I'm talking, maybe mid summer or so before it'll be available.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bhardiman1