Driver Side Alternator?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

carfanatic63

Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Truck Year
none yet
Truck Model
Engine Size
Early 90s serpentine system moves the alternator to the driver side. I bought a complete bracket set up at a swap meet for $200 and sold my original brackets for $350 and with that extra money, bought all new accesories for the serpentine belt set up. Way nicer amd still looks factory. My water pump went out so I had to tear down most anyways so this may be more than you want to do

staticattic

Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
i’m thinking i am just going to plug the hole, use the bottom bracket, and fab something to help support the alternator so it doesn’t vibrate and sheer the bolt. eventually i will pull the heads, but i am thinking i can “rig” it enough to drive it here and there. i want to rat it out anyway, so maybe i can come up with a cool rat rod style bracket that will hold the alternator.

staticattic

Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
i ended up visiting summit racing and bought a billet alternator kit for a 454 big block. it works perfectly!!!! now all i need to do is plug up the hole and cinch down the rear of the alternator, and i am back in business!!!!

You must be registered for see images attach

staticattic

Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Great news!

:waytogo:

Thanks for the update.

Now.... about them boat anchor cylinder heads..:buffer:

lol. one step at a time. right now i am just happy that she starts and runs. i’m thinking if i drain the coolant and clean the hole really good with alcohol or degreaser, i should be able to get it clean enough for jb weld to “stick.” when i cranked her up, coolant didn’t spray out of that hole, so i am assuming the jb weld will not be under a lot of pressure, which was initially a concern of mine. my fingers are crossed that once the jb weld has hardened and i have fabbed up some sort of bracket to hold the rear of the alternator, i should be mostly good as new. well, as good as it is going to be anyway.

eskimomann209

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Marcus
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
If the hole isn’t needed. I’d tap it to whatever the next size is and put some blue form a gasket on a short bolt and sinch it down. Let it set up for 12 hours fill her and run it. plenty of bolts and plugs done this way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rowdy_80