door alignment

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jrgunn5150

Questionable methods
Reaction score
First Name
J.R.
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
6.slow
Old thread i know but i need to align the driver door and man that doesn't look like it's gonna be a walk in the park. I already changed the pins and bushings and aligned the door in and outwards so it sits flush with the other body panels. But it still closes badly, it's too low at the rear panel end. So i need to remove the fender (which will be a first challenge) in order to losen 2 bolts and then i need to loosen that one bolt from the inside under the dash. In contrary with what Marty says here, in my '91 K5 the bolt is not reachable from under the dash. I removed the dash bezel (hope i'm getting these english words correct here) and the only way to reach it seems be through the vent hole. Is that true? Also there seems to be a rubber gommet in the hole with 2 wires in it (probably for the door light switch). Do i pull it right out? Or am i seeing this completely wrong here?
Thanks.

Weellll... I was working on this today, I have a 79. If I remember correctly, the third upper bolt, was accessible through a plug in the side of the A pillar.

Camatruder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rik
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5 Blazer
Engine Size
350ci / 5.7l
Success! The front fender came off fairly easy and i could indeed reach the third upper inner bolt from the vent hole. The main vent tube can be loosened with one screw under the dash right under the steering column and can then be winkled out of the vent mouth. Remove the 3 screws that holds the vent mouth and lay it aside in the dash, you cannot take it out of the dash. Undo the rubber gommit and loosen that 3 bolt. Loosen the outer hinge bolts and align the door with the quarter panel. Again, this is for my '91 K5 and i had already removed the dash bezel.
Man, i was postponing this jobs for months now but it took me only a couple of hours to fix it. So glad my door is aligned in every way now and opens and closes like it should. Just need a new striker because this one took some beating.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MikeD