Digital Gear Indicator

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LocoLocal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 Silverado
Engine Size
Anyone ever installed one of these? Either Jegs or Intellitronix, or any other brand?

The plastic “bowl”/shroud on my steering column that the shift indicator wire clips into is broken where it snaps into the metal part of the steering column where the shift lever is located. I scoured the internet to find a replacement and did, but it’s proving too much of a PITA to replace (taking apart the entire steering column to do so). Plus, I’ve got a space for a gauge in my dash that isn’t being used.

Dleslie212

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dustin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
5.7L 350
A few months back I bought the Digital Dokota gauge setup as well as the shift indicator package, but haven't had a chance to install yet. The review videos all seem good

LocoLocal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 Silverado
Engine Size
A few months back I bought the Digital Dokota gauge setup as well as the shift indicator package, but haven't had a chance to install yet. The review videos all seem good

Thanks, let me know if you get around to installing it.

I’ve been thinking about going all digital for my gauges. I’m torn, though, because I do like the old gauges (even if they don’t work, haha).

Dleslie212

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dustin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
5.7L 350
I will. I'll get around to it eventually. Getting ready to start on cab wiring here pretty soon

Dleslie212

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dustin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
5.7L 350
By the way it's really not terrible to tear down the column, especially if it needs work anyway

LocoLocal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 Silverado
Engine Size
By the way it's really not terrible to tear down the column, especially if it needs work anyway

I tore it down to replace a few things in the column and then reassembly was when this breakage occurred. I was just too rough on the 45 year old plastic. I might give it another shot if I get bored, but this digital indicator has peaked my interest.

It is fine...for now. We all (should) know which gear we're in by feeling the shift lever notch anyways.

Last edited:

Dleslie212

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dustin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
5.7L 350
I tore it down to replace a few things in the column and then reassembly was when this breakage occurred. I was just too rough on the 45 year old plastic. I might give it another shot if I get bred, but this digital indicator has peaked my interest.

It is fine...for now. We all (should) know which gear we're in by feeling the shift lever notch anyways.

That's how I've been doing it thebpast three years! Count the shifts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mistafishe