Determining what lift size I have.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rpcraft

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy
Engine Size
LS 6.0 364 CID
If you want reliable info you are probably going to have to pull the springs and see if there are any stamping or markings on them... That or buy a new kit for the sake of having the correct/matching height for front and rear...

Nastardly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dylan
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Scottsdale, short box, stepside, part time NP205 conversion
Engine Size
I may have to look for the something on the springs. I have to pull the bed off anyway to weld in new cab corners anyway, so it may be easier to just do that.

rpcraft

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy
Engine Size
LS 6.0 364 CID
Spring markings are hit and miss. Kind of a situation where they may not really say anything depending on who made the kit. Some of the kits all come from a generic spring place anyways so its a greater chance there won't be any info on them.

Nastardly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dylan
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Mine has 5 leafs, so I'm wondering if it had a leaf or two added for lift, which can further complicate things.

rpcraft

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy
Engine Size
LS 6.0 364 CID
Honestly at this point, if you are happy with the ride and you are just trying to level it out, and the rear is lower, I'd look at blocks and new ubolts. Seems like it is less detective work overall. Anything beyond that mix will be like starting over to some degree.

Nastardly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dylan
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
It rides like a brick and I want to swap on the 56" springs while leveling it out at the same time.

77 K20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20 5" lift
Engine Size
HT383 fuel injected
I went to the shop to get my measurements today and the results were confusing.

8.75 front axle to lowest point on bumpstop
3.5 rear axle to lowest point on bumpstop
30.75 Bed floor to ground
74.5 Cab roof to ground

They must have either moved the bumpstops or I measured to the wrong point.

Because people change out bumpstops don't measure to the rubber part. Measure to the metal bracket itself.
And go from the axle tube and not the U bolt plate.

77 K20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20 5" lift
Engine Size
HT383 fuel injected
I have the 6" kit...I measure 16 3/4 inches. you have the 4". also if you had the 6" you would know it...cause you would be buying driveshafts..

There seems to be a huge difference in lift from one vehicle to another also. I have ORD 4" front springs and only measured in at 12". I had 2" lift springs before these new springs and they did lift my truck up 2.5" from before.

And you are 4.75" taller than I am. And from a previous pic of your K5 you can see that your 35" tires are almost completely out of the wheel well. Mine are quite a ways up in the wheel well.

That being said I like the look of yours better. I just wouldn't be able to tow my 5th wheel or fit in my garage at that height.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

colonel mustard

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
steven
Truck Year
Truck Model
k5 blazer
Engine Size
There seems to be a huge difference in lift from one vehicle to another also. I have ORD 4" front springs and only measured in at 12". I had 2" lift springs before these new springs and they did lift my truck up 2.5" from before.

And you are 4.75" taller than I am. And from a previous pic of your K5 you can see that your 35" tires are almost completely out of the wheel well. Mine are quite a ways up in the wheel well.

That being said I like the look of yours better. I just wouldn't be able to tow my 5th wheel or fit in my garage at that height.

they do tend to vary in height. many things probably play into account. factory options, original spring condtion, ect..as far as fitting in the garage, lol, I hear ya man. I had a light bar with old school KC lights on it. I love the way they looked but with it on it wont fit in the garage. ill probably put it back on after I do my axle swap this winter.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmousseau8