Delphi fuel pump

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mcarlo86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban
Engine Size
The fuel pump died on our 90 Suburban the other day. I stopped at an area auto parts store yesterday and they had the options of either a Delphi or Bosch fuel pumps. They have the Delphi in stock, so I got that one. I see it is made in China. How are the Delphi pumps for reliability? Is there a better brand that I should get?

R Carnella

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban V2500
Engine Size
https://aeromotiveinc.com/product/340-fuel-pump-gm/
I first bought the Delphi for my 90 burb also but after seeing its just more china junk, i just couldn't bring myself to use it.
I spent a little more and went with this aeromotive (stealth 340) pump. Although I have swapped out my 5.7 tbi for a 5.3 ls. But this will work just fine for TBI.
You must be registered for see images attach

fast 99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
We have been using both Delphi and Bosch on customer cars almost exclusively. Even though some part numbers are made in China the durability has been good, use either one.

A suggestion, make sure the fuel filter is clean, try not to run the tank lower than 1/4. Fuel travels through the pump cooling it. Lower the level hotter pump runs and harder it works. Inspect the wiring connectors for heat damage.

Only time we use a less expensive house brand is when a replacement isn't available.

mcarlo86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban
Engine Size
https://aeromotiveinc.com/product/340-fuel-pump-gm/
I first bought the Delphi for my 90 burb also but after seeing its just more china junk, i just couldn't bring myself to use it.
I spent a little more and went with this aeromotive (stealth 340) pump. Although I have swapped out my 5.7 tbi for a 5.3 ls. But this will work just fine for TBI.
You must be registered for see images attach
Is this pump made in the USA?

Doppleganger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
fwiw, I got the AC Delco Professionals and found there are 2 different ones with identical PNs and boxes. One is $50 and made in china (junk). The other is $100 and made in Brazil (OE quality).

mcarlo86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban
Engine Size
I found this Walbro pump on Summit's website. I have used Walbro pumps on generators before and they seem to last much longer than other brands and it is made in the USA. I may go this route instead of the Delphi.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dhatch84