Decent quality bumpers/hoods/tailgates?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WillSquared

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I'm trying to decide where to get some new bumpers, a hood and tailgate from. Or if the branding of said items even matters. I have already bought a cheap front bumper from eBay and literally cracked the chrome during installation. Wondering if AMD or other companies are of superior quality than the cheaper stuff you find on eBay or if it's just a shot in the dark.

If it matters I'm looking for just the standard bumpers front and rear, a cowl hood and plain tailgate with no lettering.

Thanks for the info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
It's all hit and miss really. But LMC does offer the "premium" line of bumpers that they seem to be very proud of.

Even with a GM bumper, you have to be careful with the installation. The ends of the bumper brackets MUST fit flush to the backside of the bumper. If they don't, the ends need straightened or the chrome could crack when you tighten the bolts.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
Some day if I ever have money falling out of my ass I would like a set of smoothie bumpers from LMC for Silvy.

circuitguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
BIG-C
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC 1/2 ton Stepside
Engine Size
350 / 5.7
Maybe you can find a doner truck to part out. Could save a lot of cash this way and keep all factory GM.

MannyDantyla

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
sbc350/sm365/np205
It's all hit and miss really. But LMC does offer the "premium" line of bumpers that they seem to be very proud of.

I'm driving to LMC to pick up a chrome bumper and I'm going to compare their "premium" bumpers to the regular ones. I'll let ya guys know the difference. The guys at the parts counter and pretty honest I've found.

Even with a GM bumper, you have to be careful with the installation. The ends of the bumper brackets MUST fit flush to the backside of the bumper. If they don't, the ends need straightened or the chrome could crack when you tighten the bolts.

Good advice, thanks.

MannyDantyla

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
sbc350/sm365/np205
Maybe you can find a doner truck to part out. Could save a lot of cash this way and keep all factory GM.

Yeah thats the way to go really, especially for hoods.

MannyDantyla

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
sbc350/sm365/np205
If it matters I'm looking for just the standard bumpers front and rear, a cowl hood and plain tailgate with no lettering.

I've been told that the cowl hoods all suck EXCEPT for the Goodmark brand ones.

WillSquared

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Yeah, Goodmark is what I plan to buy.

And I got an AMD rear bumper. The bumper quality itself is good, but it may be bent. Idk if its my whole bed/frame or what but the rear end of my truck is all out of whack as I have mentioned in another thread. I did get this bumper on without any issues though.

circuitguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
BIG-C
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC 1/2 ton Stepside
Engine Size
350 / 5.7
Even the Goodmark one sucks but it its the best of all that are available.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ls85c10man