dash board name badge

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

76 Longbed

Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
5.7 4bbl
Hi, I have a 76 Chevy Silverado with 79,000 original miles when i purchased the truck the only things not original were the valve covers, timing chain cover, the carb, and the intake manifold. Luckily I have been able to find original replacements and it looks correct as i have been restoring the item I replaced the dash pad as it is up to 120 in the summer here and that and 46 years have finished off the dash bezels and pad. I found a new old stock woodgrain bezel from the dash with a logo on it. Silverado which is what I have. After I removed the badge from the old dash I discovered it was plastic where as the new one is metal and what I thought was fading was actually a gun metal coloured paint behind the name which is chrome along with the little logo to the right. has anybody else seen this before or have any info on this as I am trying to keep this original as i possible can?

75gmck25

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25 Camper Special TH350 NP203
Engine Size
You might first want to update your profile’s model description a little, since it sounds like you have a C10, K10, etc., with the YE9 Silverado trim package. I know it sounds like nit-picking, but it’s important if you are trying to do a good restoration.

The YE9 option had the fancy trim and other upgrades in one package, but most of the YE9 package content was also available as separate options. GM produced a lot of these trucks and was not always that careful about consistency in the details. Both dashes probably have the correct logo used in production, but are different years or even a different point in the same year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dougli1