Custom Bumpers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigRuss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Reece
Truck Year
Truck Model
Custom Deluxe C10
Engine Size
305 5.0L
looking for ideas guys post up your custom bumpers.. street, strip, off road, bat **** crazy, mild...

who cares i want to see um

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
The only custom bumper I have is laying on the ground, next to the woods. Still wanna see?

BigRuss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Reece
Truck Year
Truck Model
Custom Deluxe C10
Engine Size
305 5.0L
yeah

nvrenuf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
Here's mine -

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

crazy4offroad

Equal Opportunity Destroyer
Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP205
Mine...

attachment.php

attachment.php

Jigsaw puzzle of the mounts I cut out of a piece of scrap...
attachment.php

One mount, thick ****...
attachment.php

Finished product...
attachment.php

I had a guy tell me at the race recently he got hassled by a cop about his pipe bumpers. Cop asked why he had a "battering ram" on the front of his vehicle. Went on to say he couldn't have a homemade bumper on his vehicle, only one manufactured by a company known for fabricating them. That if it is too thick it wont fold in a collision and would probably kill people in the other vehicle he might hit. I guess driving a truck that has a bumper that sits at least 2 feet taller than any other bumper on the road wouldn't have anything to do with that outcome. I thought about getting an alphabet punch set and knock my own made-up brand on it just to keep em guessing lol. "Rock-Ready Fabrication" lol

Jimbo166

Reaction score
First Name
Jimmy
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10 scottsdale
Engine Size
i know this thread is older but here is the custom one my uncle built for the truck. It is 1/4" thick steel mounted in four different locations to the frame with 1/4" thick steel mounting brackets.

Attachments

• newtruck2.jpg
    newtruck2.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 343

BigRuss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Reece
Truck Year
Truck Model
Custom Deluxe C10
Engine Size
305 5.0L
not an old thread just a less populated thread

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
i know this thread is older but here is the custom one my uncle built for the truck. It is 1/4" thick steel mounted in four different locations to the frame with 1/4" thick steel mounting brackets.

Looks like a real nice truck :)

FRANKENTRUCK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Pierce
Truck Year
1981 1968
Truck Model
C10 Deluxe Stepside C10
Engine Size
350 with 350 Turbo transmission
Mine...

attachment.php

attachment.php

Jigsaw puzzle of the mounts I cut out of a piece of scrap...
attachment.php

One mount, thick ****...
attachment.php

Finished product...
attachment.php

I had a guy tell me at the race recently he got hassled by a cop about his pipe bumpers. Cop asked why he had a "battering ram" on the front of his vehicle. Went on to say he couldn't have a homemade bumper on his vehicle, only one manufactured by a company known for fabricating them. That if it is too thick it wont fold in a collision and would probably kill people in the other vehicle he might hit. I guess driving a truck that has a bumper that sits at least 2 feet taller than any other bumper on the road wouldn't have anything to do with that outcome. I thought about getting an alphabet punch set and knock my own made-up brand on it just to keep em guessing lol. "Rock-Ready Fabrication" lol

We have no such law in my state. Bumpers are required, but I have never found a law that demands manufactured DOT certified ones. And you can see my special bumper in my signature.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD

Tell that **** sucking bastard to write a ticket and fight that in court. What a fuggin *******. :flipthebird:

As a truck dispatcher dealing with custom made bumpers and DOT I can tell you right now that is a LOAD OF ******* ********. Buy a donut and stick that in your pie hole copper. :flipthebird:

BigRuss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Reece
Truck Year
Truck Model
Custom Deluxe C10
Engine Size
305 5.0L
yeah in NC you could run a 2x4 on the front as long as you have no exposed frame horns..

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
You can do it here but it must be backed by steel the whole length.

Sent from my iPod Touch 4th Gen using Tapatalk

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
2x6 wood bumpers used to be a common sight, on a lot of 70's cars. They had chrome bumpers with an aluminum backing, so they always corroded and fell right off. And the only time you saw a car that still had it's stock rear bumper, was because it was held on with bailing wire.

towjoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
joe
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30's or V3500's
Engine Size
6.2, 454
I run alot of the old Holmes wrecker bumbers on my trucks. there tough as heck, and protect the whole front. I have seen pipe bumpers total out a truck tho in a minor crash because they don't give and waste the frame. that's why my tool truck can't be put on the road, the frame is way out of spec from a small hit of a tree
picture.php

picture.php

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmeade