Couple of questions?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrnapolean1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
'87
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
4.3 V6
1. Where can I find a box that will fit behind my bench seat in my 1987 R10 Single cab pickup? That houses 10" or even 12" speakers?

2. How do I install door speakers where they don't look like crap?

3. I want to redo my stereo install. (its botched and looks like crap) Whats the best way to do this?

350runner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ceasar
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
Do you currently have an amp? I had a couple tens and then a single one behind my bench when I had it. Blew all three due to not having enough space between them and the seat. Pretty sure it was the full tilt rides for an hour as well. Here's the best thing to do. Buy subs that the rms is over the amps out put by like 2 or 3 hundred. This will allow you to have great bass output while not pushing the subs to max excursion.This the need to not worry about the correct air space needed. If your really wanting the seat all the way back the slim subs are your best bet. Then a custom box. Unless you want one of those dinky pre amplified sub combos lol

Sent from the dust in front of you!

Edit...

mrnapolean1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
'87
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
4.3 V6
Do you currently have an amp? I had a couple tens and then a single one behind my bench when I had it. Blew all three due to not having enough space between them and the seat. Pretty sure it was the full tilt rides for an hour as well. Here's the best thing to do. Buy subs that the rms is over the amps out put by like 2 or 3 hundred. This will allow you to have great bass output while not pushing the subs to max excursion.This the need to not worry about the correct air space needed. If your really wanting the seat all the way back the slim subs are your best bet. Then a custom box. Unless you want one of those dinky pre amplified sub combos lol

Edit...

I don't have nothing yet. Hows the best way to build a custom box?

350runner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ceasar
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size

350runner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ceasar
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
How loud are you trying to get?

mrnapolean1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
'87
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
4.3 V6
How loud are you trying to get?

Something thats comfortable for driving. I want my sound system to sound good.

Im not trying to wake anyone up but I want some bass.

In my other truck (92 GMC) I have a 460 Watt amp with two 10" speakers mounted in a box that will only fit the extended cab version of those Chevrolet and gmc trucks from 88 to 98.

I would like to achieve the same or better sound quality on my 87 Chevrolet R10 pickup.

350runner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ceasar
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
Yea two of those slim subs will be the equivalent. The Rockfords are looking promising. Those with a 4- 5 hundred watt amp will do just fine.

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
Bolt the sub to the bottom of the seat. Give you some bass in the pants ! lol

350runner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ceasar
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
You going to want a 1 ohm stable amp approx 2 hundred bucks. http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_68118_RE-Audio-ZTX-3000.1.html best thing is you can keep the gain turned down and it will be a crazy efficient amp and won't tax your charging system. If your wanting two subs this is the amp I'd suggest. With two subs you'll need them to have dual 4 ohm voice coils. One sub will drop the impedance to 2 ohms and the other down to 1 ohm

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmeade