Confirmed wiring issue, engine won't crank over

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GXPWeasel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Truck Year
1982 | 2015
Truck Model
Sierra C15 | Silverado Z71
Engine Size
5.0 | 5.3
One of those wires is the power coming up from the starter lug and should have a fusible link at the starter side. The other wire is the ignition power going into the cab and should have a fusible link at the power block. Get rid of the wire nut and connect them to the lug with correct heat shrunk connectors and the fusible link so they don't corrode or come loose in the future.

Yes, I will definitely fix it correctly. This was a temp solution to make sure I had everything connected to the correct wires to start with. The wire coming from the starter does in fact have the fusable link in it as it should. The wire coming down from the block on the firewall s/b connected to the wire coming from the starter. It was cut where I have the wire nut. The 3rd wire under the wire nut is going into the bulkhead connector, bringing power to the ignition switch, among other things. There is still a cut wire if you look closely, at the power block, which is where I believe that wire going back through the bulkhead connector should be connected to. Thus that power block replacing my wire nut. I may need to add some wire to the wire going through the bulhead connector though, as I think it's a bit short. If so, I'll make the splice closer to the bulkhead connector.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willyg