clutch rod question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sidewayzz

Reaction score
First Name
steve
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
I am ready to put my hole thru the floor pan/firewall. The dimple I have been told to look for is not there. Floors were replaced at some point. Could one of you guys that have mechanical linkage give me some measurements from the kick panel or some other good referance point.Where the clutch push rod would go thru. I would really apperciate it. Thanks, Steve,truck is a 1979 k10

Don5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Truck Year
Truck Model
k15
Engine Size
Steve I just went out and measured mine for you. Mine is a 79 also. My rod goes through the floor 13 inches over from the kick panel. I ran a tape down from the rod to the front of the floorpan right below the seat. The measurement is 32 inches. This should get you close. I hope you have the boot that goes around the rod at the floorboard. I hope this helps.

sidewayzz

Reaction score
First Name
steve
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Thanks, I do have the boot. I was a little leary of taking a stab at it without some referance point. This will help me alot! Thanks again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1977chevyc30