clutch master cylinder sifting fluid

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cblohm350

Reaction score
First Name
chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
Hello all and thanks in advance
I have installed a 5 speed NV3500 in my 83 c-10
i used all new parts master cylinder slave cylinder clutch pressure plate flywheel etc etc
i went to bench bleed master cylinder and as soon as i pour fluid in the resevior
it starts pouring out of the bottom where the line goes
I think that is not normal please help
also the first one that i tried did the came thing so i got a new one and it does the same thing so am i losing my mind or what

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Pouring out at the bottom at the internal slave cylinder under the truck, or at the bottom of the Clutch master where the line goes in? You're going to need to make sure you have the correct line. I'm pretty sure that internal slave will use the special tool compression line. Pretty much just shove it in and it locks into place. Now if someone has removed the line improperly, they could have screwed it up.

At any rate, be a bit more specific where the fluid is coming out. Bottom of the master, or at the slave cylinder inside the bell housing.

cblohm350

Reaction score
First Name
chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
bottom of master cylinder before i hook line up
all parts and i mean all parts are brand new in the boxes

Latest posts

Forum statistics