Clutch adjustment?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

reddouble86

Reaction score
First Name
Brock
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30 Silverado Camper Special Dually
Engine Size
454/SM465
So i just installed a new clutch in my truck and I have even less clutch pedal than I had with the old clutch. The friction point is all the way at the bottom of the pedal. It has the hydraulic clutch, and I thought it was self adjusting but it hasn't improved in the last two days. I should also mention that the clutch pedal is just flopping around the first couple on inches. I have already bled the hydraulic cylinder. Am I missing something? Thanks for reading

crazy4offroad

Equal Opportunity Destroyer
Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP205
Throw out bearing fork not on the pivot ball correctly?

reddouble86

Reaction score
First Name
Brock
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
454/SM465
Just checked the fork and the pivot ball look good. I am thinking that the bearing might have come off of the fork clips.

reddouble86

Reaction score
First Name
Brock
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
454/SM465
Is it possible that the fork could be two short? There for not enough leverage? This truck used to be a Holmes tow truck and was in a bad accident, would not surprise me if A odd ball fork was used.

reddouble86

Reaction score
First Name
Brock
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
454/SM465
I found the issue, it was the clutch master cylinder. Replaced it with a new one and all her ills are gone. I ran a search on "slave cylinder" and it lead me to a thread about Hydraulic clutch problems. This site has come through in a big way, Thanks all.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
I found the issue, it was the clutch master cylinder. Replaced it with a new one and all her ills are gone. I ran a search on "slave cylinder" and it lead me to a thread about Hydraulic clutch problems. This site has come through in a big way, Thanks all.

Thanks for the results. Glad ya got it figured out. :grd:

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Glad you got it. I have come across the same problem you have, but my fix was, I was given the wrong throwout bearing. They make a short one, and they make one that looks identical except it has another step in it making it longer. I had the longer one, and was given the short one. So if anyone else has this issue, make sure you have the correct throwout bearing.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Yo Brock, is it possible you might have some pics of your slave cylinder installed and your clutch master installed too? I'm getting ready to convert an auto truck to manual trans and it appears, I'm going hydro clutch.

reddouble86

Reaction score
First Name
Brock
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
454/SM465
I could try to post some pics of them, I would also like to post some pics of my truck but posting pics is not my strong point. I'll give it a shot. Sorry about the slow reply, I just returned from five nights in the hills with my wife and son.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Anytime is fine and if you can't I'll live. I probably need to just go to a Pull A Part and get a good Look See at both manual and hydro systems. This project is stalled anyway since I need to find a Tcase, either a NP208 or NP241C with 32 splines, or a Round Pattern NP205 is my choice but gonna be a harder one to find. So I'll likely end up with the NP208 and when I can get a Round NP205 for cheap, then I'll swap. At any rate, not in any hurry for those pics.
Sounds like a cool trip with the family. After 5 days, I bet you guys were happy to be home.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshuOne