Cluster Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Theaddictedchef

Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I'm new here and have a '73 Cheyenne K10. I got ambitious today and took the dash apart. I might have been a little over zealous, but what's done is done. My question is how much of this is saveable?

I am posting some pics so you can see what I am dealing with.

In addition, I took the AC/Heat ducting out to clean it and redo it. The previous owner(s) have duct taped it all up and it looks like garbage. That part I can fix on my own, but the cluster has me jammed up.

Thanks!

You must be registered for see images attach

Theaddictedchef

Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Pictures Part II

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
What kind of tachometer is that? Can we get a better pic of that? :popcorn:

Mr Clean

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Truck Year
1982 & 1985
Truck Model
K10 Extra Cab w/ Proper SWB, & 85 K5 Blazer
Engine Size
454 BBC, & 383 Stroker
Who ever had the truck before you hacked the **** out of the dash to make the after market gauges fit. There is a few things you can do,

1. look for another dash on ebay, or in a salvage yard.
2. Go with all after market gauges, 33/8 speedo, and tach, with 2" oil, amp,water and fuel,witch you will need the big white piece, and you can get them at O'Riellys.

3. you can get the aluminum face plate and go with big after market gauges, 5" speddo and Tach, and 2 5/8 oil, amp, water and fuel.

Theaddictedchef

Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I like the aluminum look. I think is super clean. You lost me on the O'Reilly's thing. Gauges there or the big white backing plastic housing for the gauges?

Thanks for the input, and yes......whoever had the truck/did the work before me hacked the **** out of the dash. You should see the wiring harness and the $29.99 alarm system that was spliced into it. I'm going to post some pics of that as soon as I get in there and the light is better. You might laugh a little.........

Mr Clean

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Truck Year
1982 & 1985
Truck Model
Engine Size
454 BBC, & 383 Stroker
Yea sorry the gauges are at O'reillys.

Theaddictedchef

Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Okay, thank you. As a side note, I like the Marine quote at the bottom of your profile. I am grateful there are people out there willing to do the dirty work so we can have the freedom to post and rebuild trucks here.

Theaddictedchef

Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Bezel Pics

Here are a couple of pics from my bezel. White gauge housing doesn't look much better.

I have found a couple of clusters including bezels on CL but not sure if the year will fit/work in my truck. I know for a fact that one of them has electric gauges so that might not be an option. Can I put electric gauges in my truck? Right now, the oil pressure and the water temp are mechanical.

Thanks for the help.

Attachments

• Bezel1.jpg
    Bezel1.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 153
  • Bezel2.jpg
    Bezel2.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 147
  • Bezel3.jpg
    Bezel3.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 119

Mr Clean

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Truck Year
1982 & 1985
Truck Model
Engine Size
454 BBC, & 383 Stroker
Okay, thank you. As a side note, I like the Marine quote at the bottom of your profile. I am grateful there are people out there willing to do the dirty work so we can have the freedom to post and rebuild trucks here.

Your welcome, I had a lot of good times in the Marines, wasn't always easy. Everybody that has been in the Military, appreciates a thanks every once in awhile.

Here are a couple of pics from my bezel. White gauge housing doesn't look much better.

I have found a couple of clusters including bezels on CL but not sure if the year will fit/work in my truck. I know for a fact that one of them has electric gauges so that might not be an option. Can I put electric gauges in my truck? Right now, the oil pressure and the water temp are mechanical.

Thanks for the help.

As far as your dash bezel, you will want to get one from 73 to 78 only. There is a bunch of people out there that says they are all the same, NO THEY ARE NOT, you have to have one that fits you dash, and dash pad, and you have your windshield wiper switch on the dash, so you have to have the hole for that. My suggestion is go to LMC or someone like that and buy a brand new one, a little more expensive but worth it in the end.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jackscott2005