Chrysler Sebring opinions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

davbell22602

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
I Dont
Truck Model
Have
Engine Size
One
I guess it depends on the driver on how often it breaks down.

78shortandwide

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Mine has probably 60000 of the hardest miles you could think of on it. I drive it like its a race car. Im on my fourth set of tires now. If anyone can drive a car into the ground it would be me. This car has stood up the the punishment pretty good so far.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Well i just happen to have a 2005 Chrysler Sebring. I bought it brand new. It has 85000 miles now. I have had no major problems with it yet. Other than routine maintenance i have only had to change the front wheel berings, and i changed the cv axles while i had it apart. As far as the 2.7 mine runs great. I dont see why evreyone ha sso many problems with them.

You better start playing the lottery, because you are one lucky SOB.

I guess it depends on the driver on how often it breaks down.

Not in this case. All bets are off with a Sebring.

crazy4offroad

Equal Opportunity Destroyer
Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP205
Well she had owned a brand new Sebring before and had problems right off the bat so it wasn't hard to convince her to pass. After a full day of car shopping today, looking at some of the WORST vehicles you can imagine for $4,000-$5,000 the last car of the day caught her eye. A candy apple red 2003 F*rd Taurus (I call them Tortoise lol).

We had dealt with so many greasy, slimey car salesmen in the past 2 days it was refreshing to run into someone who was completely up front with us. He buys lightly wrecked cars from insurance companies and fixes them up and sells them. He said if you think about it, people sell their cars because they are tired of putting up with the problems with their ****. Dealers buy auction cars, or get trade-ins from people who are tired of the problems with their ****. A wrecked car gets taken (usually) from the owner because the repair of the damage is more than half the value of the car.

And since his lot is basically a body shop it looked friggin immaculate inside and out unlike those other places that couldn't even clean the funk out of the cup holders. He had the original pics of when he got it, the foam bumper wasn't even busted, just the plastic cover and the lower part of the driver's fender like it had dropped into a drain or something, the wheel wasn't even affected. I'm still not crazy about endorsing a F*rd for anyone to own but after 2 full days of car shopping with a woman my need to care diminished significantly.

Main points, it looked brand-new inside and out, ran and drove great, had plenty of creature features (which her other car that got wrecked did not), and it was 1 year newer than her other car. Oh and main part she liked it lol. Her other car was a piece of **** Mitsu Lancer, a 5 mph fender bender totalled it, since the front bumper sits about 6" off the ground her grill, radiator support and hood caught all the damage. IMO even though she's in a F*rd she is 100 times better off than what she had. From what I can remember it has power windows, power doorlocks, keyless entry/alarm, cruise, tilt, power windows, and I think the 3.5 liter V-6. One thing I wasn't crazy about was how the dash is made around the stock stereo, it will either take some heavy custom fab work or an expensive kit to make a single/double DIN head unit work. But the guy had $3,995 on it and I got him to $3,500 so she was happy to have almost $1k to buy Christmas gifts with. I just hope it lasts a while, or she wrecks it lol so I dont have to fix anything on it.

davbell22602

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
I Dont
Truck Model
Have
Engine Size
One
Dont worry C4. I got Ford and Chevy in my blood. I'll fix if you cant. LOL

towman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
jay
Truck Year
Truck Model
v10
Engine Size
when the egr system goes bad, i have pleny of pratice with it

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Good choice, those are usually pretty decent cars for the most part. However, if it's the DOHC motor, the tranny will likely fail if it's driven hard on a regular basis. If it's cared for, don't worry too much.

crazy4offroad

Equal Opportunity Destroyer
Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP205
She doesn't drive too much, she goes to Dr's appointments, and to a few local places to clean house for people. Grocery store and stuff like that but no long trips. All his workers were there and seemed very professional, and the owner of the place was a gray-haired older man who had been in the business of mostly VW's for over 30 years known as the "bug doctor" lol but he was a really down to earth guy, much beeter than the gold chain-wearing, dress slacks and dress shirt wearing slimeballs we had seen pretty much everywhere else. There may have been 2 other places that wasn't like that. LOL it's funny that flannel shirts, blue jeans and dirty hands help sell a car for me. REAL people who know a thing or two about cars instead of a salesman who has to go get their mech if I have any technical questions.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
LOL it's funny that flannel shirts, blue jeans and dirty hands help sell a car for me. REAL people who know a thing or two about cars instead of a salesman who has to go get their mech if I have any technical questions.

Haha, you're not the only one. I've only bought 4 vehicles from a used car lot... three of those were dinky little mom/pop type car lots, and the fourth was off the lot in front of a junk yard out in the sticks.

I was with a buddy when he was buying a new '07 Saturn Aura at the dealer. We were out looking under the hood of one and I had to keep correcting the salesman about stuff. He even said there were no plug wires to go bad, I pointed them out and said "yes it does, they are right there". The look on his face was priceless :rofl:

dhamp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Truck Year
Truck Model
R-10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
Well i just happen to have a 2005 Chrysler Sebring. I bought it brand new. It has 85000 miles now. I have had no major problems with it yet. Other than routine maintenance i have only had to change the front wheel berings, and i changed the cv axles while i had it apart. As far as the 2.7 mine runs great. I dont see why evreyone ha sso many problems with them.

You are one luck ******! Do you plan the lottery? What numbers are you playing this weekend? LOL

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
Well she had owned a brand new Sebring before and had problems right off the bat so it wasn't hard to convince her to pass. After a full day of car shopping today, looking at some of the WORST vehicles you can imagine for $4,000-$5,000 the last car of the day caught her eye. A candy apple red 2003 F*rd Taurus (I call them Tortoise lol).

We had dealt with so many greasy, slimey car salesmen in the past 2 days it was refreshing to run into someone who was completely up front with us. He buys lightly wrecked cars from insurance companies and fixes them up and sells them. He said if you think about it, people sell their cars because they are tired of putting up with the problems with their ****. Dealers buy auction cars, or get trade-ins from people who are tired of the problems with their ****. A wrecked car gets taken (usually) from the owner because the repair of the damage is more than half the value of the car.

And since his lot is basically a body shop it looked friggin immaculate inside and out unlike those other places that couldn't even clean the funk out of the cup holders. He had the original pics of when he got it, the foam bumper wasn't even busted, just the plastic cover and the lower part of the driver's fender like it had dropped into a drain or something, the wheel wasn't even affected. I'm still not crazy about endorsing a F*rd for anyone to own but after 2 full days of car shopping with a woman my need to care diminished significantly.

Main points, it looked brand-new inside and out, ran and drove great, had plenty of creature features (which her other car that got wrecked did not), and it was 1 year newer than her other car. Oh and main part she liked it lol. Her other car was a piece of **** Mitsu Lancer, a 5 mph fender bender totalled it, since the front bumper sits about 6" off the ground her grill, radiator support and hood caught all the damage. IMO even though she's in a F*rd she is 100 times better off than what she had. From what I can remember it has power windows, power doorlocks, keyless entry/alarm, cruise, tilt, power windows, and I think the 3.5 liter V-6. One thing I wasn't crazy about was how the dash is made around the stock stereo, it will either take some heavy custom fab work or an expensive kit to make a single/double DIN head unit work. But the guy had $3,995 on it and I got him to $3,500 so she was happy to have almost $1k to buy Christmas gifts with. I just hope it lasts a while, or she wrecks it lol so I dont have to fix anything on it.
We have a '02 Taurus Wagon company car here, very dependable and truoble free for us. It's got close to 300K on it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1998_K1500_Sub