Certified car nut

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1977shortbed

Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
2x 1977
Truck Model
C10 & C20
Engine Size
350 & 454
Here is a pic
You must be registered for see images attach
The rims were temporary to clear the 4 wheel disc set up

Nice looking 67 sleeper with a rat motor. I'd never sell my 66. Love the car. Actually have two of them. Long story short. Wrecked the first back in the early 80's so bought the second. Eventually repaired the first and ended up with two. I'd never sell either one. They were daily drivers for many years. Those were the days. Here's a couple pictures of my second Chevelle when looking it's best in the late 80's lowered with 15x8.5 Center Line Pro Stock wheels front and rear. Also installed giant 1 3/8" sway bars front and rear from H-O Racing Specialties and KYB shocks. Handled killer. Especially when hauling ass on a curvy highway. It's just a cheap Macco paint job but looked great. Sadly now days the car is weather beaten and needs to be restored. Decided first priority was to restore my original Chevelle. Always my favorite between the two with a Muncie 4-speed. Looking forward to restoring my red Chevelle. Just keep getting side tracked but that's okay. Just so long as I am building something cool like a square body truck. Happy New Year to everyone.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Nice looking 67 sleeper with a rat motor. I'd never sell my 66. Love the car. Actually have two of them. Long story short. Wrecked the first back in the early 80's so bought the second. Eventually repaired the first and ended up with two. I'd never sell either one. They were daily drivers for many years. Those were the days. Here's a couple pictures of my second Chevelle when looking it's best in the late 80's lowered with 15x8.5 Center Line Pro Stock wheels front and rear. Also installed giant 1 3/8" sway bars front and rear from H-O Racing Specialties and KYB shocks. Handled killer. Especially when hauling ass on a curvy highway. It's just a cheap Macco paint job but looked great. Sadly now days the car is weather beaten and needs to be restored. Decided first priority was to restore my original Chevelle. Always my favorite between the two with a Muncie 4-speed. Looking forward to restoring my red Chevelle. Just keep getting side tracked but that's okay. Just so long as I am building something cool like a square body truck. Happy New Year to everyone.
Very nice. I did Hotchkis and KYB on mine with poly bushings. I also did a 2001 S10 rear disc swap with 81 Vette master cylinder. Handled good and stopped good.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Very nice. I did Hotchkis and KYB on mine with poly bushings. I also did a 2001 S10 rear disc swap with 81 Vette master cylinder. Handled good and stopped good.

Ok, how did you bolt up the S10 Blazer disc setup? I've seen the swap done on a 8.5 rear under a '80 Z28, so I went to do the same to the 8.2 under my Impala. From what I remember, my housing flanges were much larger than the S10 stuff. Ended up putting the drums back on.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Ok, how did you bolt up the S10 Blazer disc setup? I've seen the swap done on a 8.5 rear under a '80 Z28, so I went to do the same to the 8.2 under my Impala. From what I remember, my housing flanges were much larger than the S10 stuff. Ended up putting the drums back on.
It had an 8.2 also. Chevelle s have the 4.75 bolt pattern though. For your Impala you would need to use Astro van rear set up with the 5” pattern. I just had to shim a little to get the caliper centered on the rotor. Look at the concloberation I have for rear disc on my truck lol it all works though.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
It had an 8.2 also. Chevelle s have the 4.75 bolt pattern though. For your Impala you would need to use Astro van rear set up with the 5” pattern. I just had to shim a little to get the caliper centered on the rotor. Look at the concloberation I have for rear disc on my truck lol it all works though.

I've got the 4.75 pattern, they didn't go to the 5 inch until the big '71 cars. I couldn't put the backing plates on because my flanges and ends were too big.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
I've got the 4.75 pattern, they didn't go to the 5 inch until the big '71 cars. I couldn't put the backing plates on because my flanges and ends were too big.
That’s odd I put the whole Shabang on just no E brake I gotta see if I can find a pic.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
That’s odd I put the whole Shabang on just no E brake I gotta see if I can find a pic.

Impalas must have bigger ends and bearings I guess. After my failed attempt, I figured it only swapped onto the 8.5 but you just disproved that theory.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Impalas must have bigger ends and bearings I guess. After my failed attempt, I figured it only swapped onto the 8.5 but you just disproved that theory.
The set up I used came off an 8.5 but I measured 7.5 and 8.2 and they were the same. Also I build my current set up on an 8.5 and put it on the current 12 bolt set up. I have **** for pics since my other phone died and I don’t remember my password for Team Chevelle.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
The set up I used came off an 8.5 but I measured 7.5 and 8.2 and they were the same. Also I build my current set up on an 8.5 and put it on the current 12 bolt set up. I have **** for pics since my other phone died and I don’t remember my password for Team Chevelle.

I'm gonna have to investigate this again when I get home. I've got enough parts laying about these days that I can go measure and compare for myself and see what the dealio is. It's just curiosity at this point though, those S10 Blazer brakes are slated for the Camaro now.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
I'm gonna have to investigate this again when I get home. I've got enough parts laying about these days that I can go measure and compare for myself and see what the dealio is. It's just curiosity at this point though, those S10 Blazer brakes are slated for the Camaro now.
I managed to reset my password but can’t find any pics. I did use 4x4 caliper brackets but that was to be out of the way of the shocks. It puts the calipers on the pinion side of the rear.
http://www.chevelles.com/forums/profile.php?do=editpassword#/topics/399938?page=1

1977shortbed

Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
2x 1977
Truck Model
C10 & C20
Engine Size
350 & 454

Sounds like you built a great car and now you built an awesome 4x4 truck. Does your exhaust exit thru the original fuel door openings in the bed?
A couple days ago I finished installing single piston disc brakes on the front of my yellow Chevelle. Got them at the salvage yard off a 71 Monte Carlo. I rebuilt the calipers and bought a set of drilled and slotted rotors from Inline Tube. Hope to get my car back on the road soon. Hasn't been on the road since 2001.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Sounds like you built a great car and now you built an awesome 4x4 truck. Does your exhaust exit thru the original fuel door openings in the bed?
A couple days ago I finished installing single piston disc brakes on the front of my yellow Chevelle. Got them at the salvage yard off a 71 Monte Carlo. I rebuilt the calipers and bought a set of drilled and slotted rotors from Inline Tube. Hope to get my car back on the road soon. Hasn't been on the road since 2001.
Yes it does. I did a Blazer tank swap and had 2 extra holes so I used them lol

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Pretty cool. I bet it sounds awesome. I guess similar to 3" side exit tailpipes or sidepipes. VROOM BAH!
Oh its 3” into 10 series Flowmasters into about 18” of 5” pipe out the bedsides. Loud is an understatement. Lol

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
87R10_Cruising