Can wiper linkage be rebuilt?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Steve1987

Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Truck Year
Truck Model
V2500
Engine Size
Ok I'm pretty drunk at this point but I'll try to make this coheant as possible. At the shop we rebuild them in house. Dorman part# 030-203 is a bushing assortment kit and it'll have plenty of bushings that you need. The local Oriely's to the shop has them in stock so we order from them whenever we get low, but any parts store should be able to get it for you. As for the stiff spindle, once you get the linkages off soak it in a container of WD-40, or tranny fluid until it moves freely, overnight might be needed if it's really bad. Reassemble and it should be good to go. Even better part is the kits only $20.

Steve1987

Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Truck Year
Truck Model
V2500
Engine Size
SirRobyn0, is this what your kits look like? The GM bushings bin says they fit 2005 - 88.
You must be registered for see images attach

SirRobyn0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
Unfortunately I'm not scheduled to be back to the shop until monday so I can't say for sure. Let me think on it for bit and see if it strikes me, or someone else that might view this thread. I know we have that kit, but I know we have some misc. stuff to, I thought the last square I did that the parts came out of the box. I'll get back to you shortly.

Steve1987

Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Truck Year
Truck Model
V2500
Engine Size
Thanks.

SirRobyn0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
@Steve1987 I spoke to one of my co-workers a little bit ago and he and I both think we used something out of that box for the last truck at least. Unless you pull your cowling off and look it's going to be hard to know for sure until I get back into work on Monday and look at the part numbers on invoices. If I think of something else to add, or if I go into the city I'll stop by the shop and look for you. One way or another we'll come up with the correct answer here.

Steve1987

Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Truck Year
Truck Model
V2500
Engine Size
@Steve1987 I spoke to one of my co-workers a little bit ago and he and I both think we used something out of that box for the last truck at least. Unless you pull your cowling off and look it's going to be hard to know for sure until I get back into work on Monday and look at the part numbers on invoices. If I think of something else to add, or if I go into the city I'll stop by the shop and look for you. One way or another we'll come up with the correct answer here.
Ok, no problem. I have the linkage out anyway to soak the spindles. I will take take a pic today and post it. I may have confused everyone with my initial post. The title says it's a GMC which would make it a V2500 and not a V20. It probably doesn't matter but it was a mistake on my part. I do appreciate your help. Thanks.

Steve1987

Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Truck Year
Truck Model
V2500
Engine Size
Here are two pics of the same linkage joint. I have no idea how it comes apart.
Ok, no problem. I have the linkage out anyway to soak the spindles. I will take take a pic today and post it. I may have confused everyone with my initial post. The title says it's a GMC which would make it a V2500 and not a V20. It probably doesn't matter but it was a mistake on my part. I do appreciate your help. Thanks.

SirRobyn0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
If you put some force to joint it should pop apart, but they are a tight fit and hard to get apart and back together. However if there isn't any significant looseness in joint you may not have to replace it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcuriel512