Can these screws also be used for the vent windows?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PhotonFanatic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Wilhelm
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
Hi all. I wanted to ask if these are the same size screws that hold in the vent windows. I'm referring to the screws that go in the door, but they're for fastening the vent window to the door:

(1973-78) Door Panel Retainer Screws - Chrome Head​

Something is up with that site, the link won't actually link to the screw they're selling. It just links to their main page for some reason. From that link, you just have to go to: Online Store>73-87 Truck Parts>Door Parts>Trim and moldings. From there you'll arrive on the page with the screw with a built in washer head. Actual name is right above the link I placed above.

Anyway that's not what it says in the description of course, but I'm thinking maybe it's the exact same screw. Anyone know for sure? I'm hoping I can just buy those and have the right scew for the vent windows. Maybe you also know what else takes that specific screw. I'm redoing my interior, and I'm running into a lot of missing screws. Thank you!

Last edited:

PhotonFanatic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Wilhelm
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
Thanks!

But is there any reason the conical washer is needed? Would a regular washer and screw work fine? The truck it's for is an 87 model, if that matters.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchell1128