Can someone point me to threads on 350 vs 400 cid

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

4WDKC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kacy
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Use those photos of what not to do lol. The brakes are okay for what it is but without trailer brakes I wouldn't have even started. Those were all close to home hauls. Using the factory cooler in the radiator but it has a TH350 instead of that junky 700r4 of the same years. I have more trouble from the rear axle. It has been replaced twice and instead of just getting better gears we fix this one repeatedly... not my idea. Dad knows best! haha

With the loads you show in those pics a 14 bolt would be a much better option.

TravisB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
With the loads you show in those pics a 14 bolt would be a much better option.
Yeah, it's got an easier life now since I picked up a Sierra with the D-Max. Last I heard from Dad he wanted to rob the 400 out to put in a Camaro but I am not holding my breath. He hasn't seen the Camaro in a year. o_O

4WDKC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kacy
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Yeah, it's got an easier life now since I picked up a Sierra with the D-Max. Last I heard from Dad he wanted to rob the 400 out to put in a Camaro but I am not holding my breath. He hasn't seen the Camaro in a year. o_O

They can be fun in sports cars but you have to really pay attention to the cooling system.

68post

very, VERY, limited access member
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Truck Year
Truck Model
84 K30 SRW Silverado, 85 C20 C6P
Engine Size
454, TBD
I've seen too many problems with half ton rear axles in the last 15 +yrs, mainly starting with the obs '88 & up. Don't even have to be working the truck to have a problem. I've had to keep one ton trucks to do my work and they just don't have axle problems !

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GrayWK